1/48 Tamiya Avro Lancaster

Hello Gent's this is my first post on 'Britmodeller' - As this is a british plane I thought it would be appropriate to post it here.

It's the 'reconstruction' of my Tamiya 1/48 Avro Lancaster.

Tamiya%20Box_zpsaotcvbh2.jpg

I originally bought it in 1978-79 and only finished it 80-90 %. At the time I lost interest in scale modelling and the years went by...

It was very very inspirering when I saw the insanely detailed version done by Alex Kontiveis, but I do not want to spend two-three years on the build. So I have decided to do 'it' somewhere in between. The build started a year ago, and I will be posting the steps along the way.

The build started by taking 'her' apart and stripping 'her' from paint - What a mess!!

• Like 2

Thanks Gent's - I have been struggling, how to get the Tamiya Lanc to look more like the real thing rather than the 'toyinsh' feel it has to it.

So I have decided to take the 'plunge' and I am going for the 'Stressed skin' approach, as this is one of the more 'prominent features' of the Lanc's

Some photos of my work on the 'Stressed skin' approach...

02-Stressed%20skin_zps6uhkyyes.jpg

03-Stressed%20skin_zpspdattdvs.jpg

05-Stressed%20skin_zpsu8tl2h54.jpg

07-Stressed%20skin_zps59hhlgg2.jpg

04-Stressed%20skin_zps6pofeoyl.jpg

06-Stressed%20skin_zpshtkrntkb.jpg

08-Stressed%20skin_zpsclloht7x.jpg

Well, I'm quite happy with the result. It's not perfect, but definitely more 'authentic' - nothing nice...

Edited by kkarlsen
  • Like 8

• 2 months later...