'CONVAIR F-102 DELTA DAGGER'.

She's a beauty! The F-102 was my favorite airplane when I was a kid, and that Monogram kit never looked better. Great job.

Hello and many thanks to you as always,Space Ranger.I have yet to see the F-102 in real life but understand and respect your liking of the type.It has grown on me through this build.The glorious and individual schemes carried by these aircraft and similar types attract me very much indeed.Likewise for the US Navy and Marines schemes in their flamboyant 'hi-viz' halcyon days.Fabulous subjects in real and model form.Speak soon,Tech.Crew Chief! ;) All the very best,Paul.

Paul you are working your magic again on this one, it really looks excellent. I love the colourful scheme you have chosen too, top stuff all round!

david.

Hello,David - Great to hear from you and many thanks for your very kind and much appreciated reply.I've tried to do the subject and the kit justice and I must thank the kit manufacturer for making the choice of scheme originally.To be honest,I fell for this option straight away and didn't see anything I preferred in aftermarket decals.Once again,I cannot praise the quality of the kit decals highly enough. A more competent modeller than I would find this kit a great platform for super-detailing.;) All the very best,Paul.
  • Like 1

I'm with John WOW ! Looks wonderful such a nice jet,

Great work Paul.

Guy

Edited by F4u
  • Like 1

Hello,David - Great to hear from you and many thanks for your very kind and much appreciated reply.I've tried to do the subject and the kit justice and I must thank the kit manufacturer for making the choice of scheme originally.To be honest,I fell for this option straight away and didn't see anything I preferred in aftermarket decals.Once again,I cannot praise the quality of the kit decals highly enough. A more competent modeller than I would find this kit a great platform for super-detailing. ;) All the very best,Paul.

Just calling it as I see it, you have nailed it!

• Like 1

That looks superb. I love to see these classic jets clean like this, helps appreciate the shape and form of the aircraft as the designer intended.

Hello,71chally - Many thanks for your very kind reply.I totally agree with your 'clean jet' philosophy.It's a personal preference I know but I like a clean finish with all my builds.I'll add exhaust stain and a wheel wash,etc.and I'm content with that.I know,hardly adventurous!?! ;) All the very best,Paul.

I'm with John WOW ! Looks wonderful such a nice jet,

Great work Paul.

Guy

Hello and many thanks to you as always,Guy..'Dagger's had two "WOW's!!" today.She's 'wowsered'!! Much appreciated indeed.;) All the very best,Paul.

Hello,Oliver - Great to hear from you and many thanks for your very kind reply.Hopefully she'll look better when she appears on RFI.'Dagger' has been an enjoyable build and I look forward to her taking her place on my flightline! ;) All the very best,Paul.

• Like 1

I think when a model's on wheels it comes to life more- what a sleek looking Dagger! Following, not without watering mouth I must say.

Jay

Hello,Jay - Many thanks to you for your very kind reply.Much appreciated.I don't know about my mouth watering but I know my eyes nearly were by the time I'd got the spiral decal on the pitot probe how I wanted?! ;) All the very best,Paul.

Well that is looking really special! I'm looking forward to the RFI photos. Very impressive modelling! :goodjob:

Hello,Stix - Many thanks to you too for your very kind and much appreciated reply.She's getting there now.Until I get chance to put finishing Satin Varnish on I'm working on the Ejector Seat,etc.so that everything is completed together. ;) All the very best,Paul.

• Like 1

Hello,Friends - This message is to advise you that 'Dagger' is now fully completed and on RFI.I shall be taking additional photos in better lighting conditions tomorrow and duly adding them on her RFI.

Once again,my sincere thanks and appreciation to each and everyone for your very kind replies,interest and support.;) All the very best,Paul.

• Like 1

Sneaky!

Hiello,John - I know.I was naughty and set myself the challenge to complete her tonight.It took less than half an hour to fit the underwing tanks and canopy frame.It feels great to have this beastie finished now. ;) All the very best,Paul.