Market Query from Peter Hall

John @ WEM

"Thoughts for a Sunday afternoon!! I am currently working on the patterns for two Destroyers to add to my range of 1/350 scale kits. The first is the Type 42 Batch 1, the other is the Battle. Bearing in mind my Cold War era theme, I can't decide whether to produce the Battle in the basic fit as they appeared during the 50s or as the Fleet Radar Pickets that four of the ships (Aisne, Agincourt, Barrosa and Corruna) were converted to. Who is into large lattice masts and double bedstead radars?"

Ooh! Difficult, I like their look in the original fit but remember seeing Corunna moored up in Fareham Creek in her radar picket guise. Also, wasn't Corunna the first RN ship to be fitted with Seacat? So another good reason to release a kit of her.

I must admit to liking the radar picket version myself. Having served on HMS Antrim for over three years, I have a soft spot for double bedsteads!

Dave

Ouch....

Split personality much...

No, we discussed it and all agreed that a later set would be popular.

Me, myself and I :clown::fool::cyclops:

That's a relief - it's when you can't all agree that you have problems :)

Given in 1967(?) I got a tour round Barossa if memory is correct in Gibraltar on a school trip of a dozen of us I would have to buy one if it was in the radar picket rig even though I am not a ship modeller. Can you keep us posted in case I miss it?

+1 for the later fit, but the right answer is, of course, both!

I think Alan has hit the nail on the head why not both gives the modeler more options :coolio:

Beefy