1/72 - Saab 37 Viggen by Special Hobby

172flogger

Does look a bit off from those comparison pics but I suppose there's bound to be a few minor faults with any model. It's when they get it really wrong (KH Mig 25 and Trumpy Vampire) that it's a real pain. That said there shouldn't be any excuse to not get the overall shape spot on these days.

• 6 months later...

Like the 1/48 Viggen, this one will be a co-operation with Tarangus, which means that there will be at least two different versions released (most likely JA and AJ 37). The first ones will be released in 2017, however I don't know which version that will be the first. (Source: I have been in contact with Tarangus).

• Like 4

On 5/24/2016 at 4:40 PM, Platypus said:

Aaaaaand I just got an Heller kit with all the Maestro Models resin upgrades... facepalm-gesture-smiley-emoticon.gif

Same here plus a bunch of Dr. Pepper stuff with some spexial markings from Sweden.

Anyway,I can live with some more boxes.For example I have 7 boxes of different EE Lightnings.:D

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, nes4day said:

Not going to be released in 2017 is what they (Special Hobby) told me.

Yeah they told me on Facebook it was going to be "a long journey for the existence of the 1/72 scale kit of the Viggen " If it's a good kit the wait will be worth it😃

• 7 months later...
On ‎5‎/‎21‎/‎2016 at 7:13 PM, Giorgio N said:

Finally a new Viggen in my preferred scale!

Whoo boy! A Viggen in "THE" scale? Next to Ann-Margaret, the best-built Swede ever!  The masking set for the 'splinter' scheme will be expensive, but required, methinks!

Be still, my beating heart! I'm with you, Giorgio!

Mike

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Fixed canards with separate "flaps", a RAT, corrected JA(/Sk)-fin (?), those missing supports by the intake (missing in the 48th one, the bottom ones) - great! And all variants in one boxing? (But yeah, the engine lenghtening for the JA like Christer says?)

Wheel wells might make sense and look smart to mould that way but will make it harder to replace with resin AM-ones..?

Looking good but I´ll stay with the big sister.. ;)

• 2 months later...

I took a good look at these sprues at the local contest a couple of months ago. 

I like what I saw. It seems to me that they actually listened to some of the feedback from modellers. 

For the first time we will get the RAT (Ram air turbine)! 🙂 

The main flaw that Special Hobby haven't corrected from the 1:48 kit is the wheels. The nose wheels are horrible and have no detail whatsoever. 

The mainwheels are better detailwise but the are way to thin. They belong on a bicycle, not a Mach 2 fighter aircraft! 

Maestro have made some resin wheels for the old Heller kit that will improve the look on this Viggen as well. 

Andreas 

• Thanks 2