Marmon Herrington Mk II - IBG 1/35

Well those South Africans are big lads :-) my brother in law is 6' 7" and could probably use a Vickers as a side arm.

Interesting the Vickers was still in service with the SADF into the 80's and the 90's. They converted them to 7.62 nato and disintegrating belts but they were basically the same old guns.

Nice photos

• Like 1

Thank you the guy. It's a pleasure.

Here is the finished vehicle. There were few improvments for this model.

It remains to me to make a small presentation with a figurine.

627229P1040888.jpg

The turn of the owner is made :welcome:

148794P1040889.jpg

328991P1040890.jpg

242993P1040891.jpg

443917P1040892.jpg

747498P1040893.jpg

556743P1040894.jpg

539203P1040895.jpg

:bye: cheers

• Like 2

Lovely build of an unusual vehicle. I have never seen a vickers in an AA mount. It must have been fun swinging it around trying to hit a Stuka with a full belt and water jacket.

Very realistic and subtle fading and weathering as always 52

Firstly, I must agree, a very nice interpretation of this vehicle. The subject of builder52's Marmon-Herrington is one of the NZ Divisional Cavalry vehicles used in Greece in 1941. Below is a photo of this actual vehicle being prepared for the trip to Greece at Helwan Camp in Egypt.

F22768_zpsewlh4n7v.jpg

Next is a photo taken in Greece of another of the Divisional Cavalry's M-H Mk.II's to show the Vickers and the mount. All the photos I have seen of the Div Cavalry's cars appear to have the Vickers mounted.

Maungatapere_zpsjfnqlety.jpg

And they certainly got plenty of practice firing at Stukas during their retreat down the length of Greece!

And below is the proof! From the NZ national Archives:

DA-01086_zpsjpjquqmx.jpg

Caption as follows: German dive bomber shot down by Divisional Cavalry patrol during withdrawal in Greece. At the time the Germans were sniping from the cover of poplars, and the NZers were practically surrounded. Taken circa April 1941 by an official photographer.

Cheers,

Pete M.

Edited by Pete M.
  • Like 3