Sea Harrier FA.2 Kinetic 1/48.

Gorgeous Shar, great paintwork!

One point to note With the Sea Eagles in the kit, there is an accuracy problem in that the missile intakes should not be open, they have integral pointed intake covers. These covers are blown off with cartridges after weapon release.

Selwyn

• Like 1

When I first saw the pictures I placed a bet with myself that this was your work Arkady, and I saw that it was, and now I owe myself some money! Superb work as always, you have a certain style of kit building/painting that I find incredibly pleasing to the eye. It's strange though that there's not one particular thing I can say "does" it for me. More stunning work, pure and simple

Lovely, lovely looking model.

I will join Bill in pedants' corner though (because it's so good): right hand pitot sensor is pointing up a bit. Whilst you're warming your tailplanes, it could do with bending down a fraction at the pointy end.

Can't wait for your next Harrier! :clap2:

Edited by Kirk

Lovely, lovely looking model.

I will join Bill in pedants' corner though (because it's so good): right hand pitot sensor is pointing up a bit. Whilst you're warming your tailplanes, it could do with bending down a fraction at the pointy end.

Can't wait for your next Harrier! :clap2:

This one will be next:

DSC_0306_zps0ddg6r5k.jpg

Brilliant! You get so many models completed to such a high standard, what's your secret?!

My secret is very simple - I like glueing plastic models ;).

• Like 1

Great finish as usual, although my first instinct was that the weapons load out was slightly optimistic, it would need a bit more deck than an Invincible class to get that lot off the ground.

But at the end of the day it's your model and my ethos is build what you want how you want it.

Slightly off topic: If any of real plumbers are reading, I notice that the aft end of the AMRAAMs is very close to the deck. Is this just a case of modelling tolerances being a bit generous or was there a risk on the real thing of the missile tail fins getting bent on landing?

Kirk