Henschell Hs-123, No 15th Bombing Air Squadron

Hi Everyone,

Just finished last weekend, which I was building alongside my Messerscmhitt `108, but which took a bit longer for some reason

SAM_8832_zpsegimga7b.jpg

Italeri`s reissue of Esci`s 1/48 Henschell 123 kit

SAM_8835_zps0br71fob.jpg

Finished to represent an aircraft of 15th Chungtui, Chinese Air Force, Nankin Region around 1938

SAM_8837_zpsr3wjio2y.jpg

Built mostly from the box contents...

SAM_8840_zps07jmadpa.jpg

with the decals from Kora decals DEC4821 set

SAM_8841_zpsi6xvihmv.jpg

According to the instructions the aircraft were delivered in all over grey and the camo` applied by hand locally

SAM_8848_zpsoebn8kcs.jpg

Hope you enjoy, Thanks for looking

Cheers Russ

• Like 27

Hello,Russ - My compliments to you on a beautifully built and finished '123'.That camouflage scheme is an awesome piece of work and is a credit to your mastery with an airbrush. ;) All the best,Paul.

• Like 1

Hello,Russ - My compliments to you on a beautifully built and finished '123'.That camouflage scheme is an awesome piece of work and is a credit to your mastery with an airbrush. ;) All the best,Paul.

Thanks Paul, Glad you like it.... `Airbrush ?` what`s one of those ;)

• Like 1

Thanks Paul, Glad you like it.... `Airbrush ?` what`s one of those ;)

Okey,dokey - She is an even greater credit to your mastery with a paintbrush!! :D Whatever,that has been a real labour of love.Inspirational as always. ;) All the best,Paul.

• Like 1

Nice one Russ,.....I didn`t even know that the Chinese used these!

Cheers

Tony

Thanks Tony, that`s one of the reasons I started the Chinese sub theme to my WWII stuff, means I can do some different stuff now and again. Might try a Gladiator next

Beautiful Hs-123! I've always wanted to do a Chinese version (I've built two German versions, and a Spanish Civil War version), but I think I'll stick with an overall green topside over grey finish. There's no way I could (or would) do this complicated a scheme.

Regards,

Jason

Edited by Learstang
  • Like 1

That's great, the camo must've been a pain though!

Yeah it was an experience, I did it a bit at a time, a wing one day, a bit of the fuselage the next and so on, spent about 45 min`s a session.

Glad you like it, Cheers

• Like 1

Yes, that is very well done, the scheme really sets it apart. Kind of reminds me of the strange 'doodling' the Austrians had during the First World War.

regards,

Jack

• Like 1