This small tank I've been working on for half a year or so.

While Dragon's plastic parts fit nicely, the photo etch side skirts need a lot of tender-love-and-care to get them positioned correctly (something I've not entierly achieved).

However I feel they look much better than the kit's oversized plastic parts and you can add some 'battle-damage' with a pen.a_DSC8746_zps59d60nv3.jpga_DSC8748_zps9gdbijjt.jpg

The vehicle was painted with Gunze/Mr.Hobby acrylics and weathered with pastel chalks and artists' oils.

It represents a tank from 6. Panzerdivision at Kursk, 1943.

Photographs taken by Mr. Wolfgang Rabel of IGM Cars & Bikes.

a_DSC8749_zpsunpjpph3.jpga_DSC8750_zpsq1j6a2xf.jpga_DSC8752_zpsln4la1av.jpga_DSC8754_zpsucddmkvj.jpga_DSC8756_zpsfcve1pag.jpga_DSC8757_zpspwi3dhwa.jpga_DSC8758_zpsssumv4wc.jpga_DSC8759_zpsad3xpdck.jpga_DSC8760_zpstni36wsq.jpg

Edited by Roman Schilhart
  • Like 16

Another lovely job Roman, superb paint & weathering!

Keith

Thanks Keith - you know I'm primarily an aircraft builder but sometimes I get lead astray by some 'heavy metal'.

Hope to improve my military vehicle skills!

Beautiful build and your paintwork is truly lovely. :coolio:

I'm not sure there is such a thing as 'positioned properly' when it comes to schurzen, you see them hanging at all sorts of angles in photos. Bit surprised you used the DS-100 tracks, I hate the stuff personally and I've got a feeling Dragon supplied the wrong mantlet with this kit.....I'm not sure the Ausf N should have the spaced armour. :shutup:

Dammit Sarge - I think you're right about the mantlet!!

Another almighty Dragon slip up.

Luckily I've not painted mine yet so should be able to correct.

Nevertheless that's a lovely model! Well done!!

It is indeed a lovely model and my critiscism is aimed squarely at Dragon, not at what Roman has done with their kit. :coolio:

Frankly, given the prices Dragon charge and the claims they make about themselves they could do a great deal better. :mellow:

PS - Roman, if you want the correct mantlet I'll happily send you one.

PS - Roman, if you want the correct mantlet I'll happily send you one.

Thanks for that generous offer, Sgt. Squarehead, Sir!

I doubt I will go through the trouble re-fitting another mantlet, though, and just leave the model as it is.

I'll keep that critizisms in mind if I build another Dragon Pz.III - doubtful if this will ever happen as Revell's offering is cheaper!

Here's one I've done back in 2014:

_DSC6954_zps0066251b.jpg

With kind regards,

Roman

Edited by Roman Schilhart
  • Like 1