1/144 Authentic Airliners British Airways Cargo Boeing 707-320C

Thanks for all the praise everyone, cheers Mitchem "gob smackingly brilliant" that'll do for me!!

Interesting choices Jeff, I do like the Singapore livery too, I have a 747-200 earmarked for that livery. BOAC would be my choice. Might well get another AA 707 sometime soon and have been thinking maybe Tradewinds or Pelican Cargo.

This is my favourite BA scheme too, Keith. Negus any day over those dreary Landor colours!

Thanks for the heads up about the Brasil sheet on ebay Mike, but Kuwait Airways is going to be represented in my collection by a 747-200 using the excellent 26 sheet. Watch this space!

Cheers,

Ian

Edited by Turbofan

What a nice work Ian, congratulations. It is a well balanced work, and a very convincing finish you achieved, I was stunned by the metal as well.

I have some of these kits in my stash, they kinda frighten me as I've never tackled a kit of that type and to spoil it would be expensive. Do you have any advice for a rookie on these kits? I am also afraid of the landing gear breaking down under the weight.

My father flew the 707 among any other airliner I dream to just see live today, not to say fly. I guess I was born in the wrong era.

Thanks for all the great compliments!

Luis, I can't recommend Authentic Airliners kits highly enough. They are expensive compared to most similar sized injection moulded plastic kits but they really are worth every cent IMHO. I have, at the last count, 10 completed and another 10 unmade or unfinished. I'm glad you've found them.

Cheers,

Ian

Hi Ian:

Thank you very much for the advise, the kits are very expensive and bring them here will be more expensive too. Anyway, its a nice idea to know just in case any of them crosses in front of me inthis side of the pond and with the knowledge I have watching your nice build will see what to do.

Thank you very much for your nice answer!!!

Cheers,

Luis Alfonso

Thanks again for more compliments!

Canalguna, all I can say about building resin kits is don't fear them just go for it. Once you've removed the casting block, I usually use a hacksaw, there's just some sanding to do on a nice flat surface to make a nice smooth mating surface. Then use either CA or an epoxy glue to assemble everything. With AA kits there is so little filler required you can progress really rapidly.

I've never had landing gear break but obviously you need to be careful as they are heavier than a hollow plastic kit. Some of the wide bodies have metal gear but my DC10 has resin landing gear and that's still fine.

Cheers,

Ian

• Like 1