I just inventoried my Humbrol enamel and am stunned.

Space Ranger

I have 333 tins! Most of it new old stock, purchased on The Bay Of E. Including some discontinued but still useful colors, such as Eau de Nil (No. 1) and Yellow (No. 8), and several sets of Humbrol Authentics. Many duplicates/triplicates, some opened and partially used tins, but all still fresh as the day they left the factory. There's nothing like the sweet, oily smell of vintage Humbrol enamel to get your modeling mojo working!

And yet, among all that Humbrol paint, there's not one tin of Gloss Black. Go figure.

• Like 5

I do have a gloss black, but a mere 165 or so other Humbrol. It just builds up over the years. I haven't checked Xtracolour (maybe 80?), Colourcoats (maybe twice that?), Precision etc but buying in the expectation of living long enough to make all the models, does mean having all the different possibilities of paint. I might have to restock glue, however.

• Like 1

What's the stunning bit? Having 333 tins or not having a single tin of gloss black amongst them? The first is admittedly a bit of an achievement, the second (working on the assumption that you were actually looking for a tin of gloss black) is, I'm afraid, just one of those immutable laws of the universe, like toast always falling marmalade side down.

I am stunned at the best of times. I have the opposite problem. My stock of paints has been dwindling over a couple of years .Gunze been hard to get here in Canada since the distributor discontinued carrying it. I found a guy in Taiwan who ships for free so l been stocking up. Also without a local hobby shop l have to order my Testor,Tamiya and Humbrol via online ordering from Wheels and Wings in Toronto. I am finally get my paints back up to snuff. But l never had 333 in my life!

Edited by hacker