F-100 seat in 1/48

Scimitar F1

Hi

I am bashing the Monogram F-100 into shape and am fitting the otherwise good Legend cockpit but the seat is hopelessly short. Not sure if the AMS seat still available - is anyone aware of an alternative?

Will

I seem to recall Avionix made a resin seat for the1/48 F-100; it was part of a 10-seat set, with one seat for 10 different aircraft, but I don't remember if you could get the F-100 seat by itself. Best I can do, as 1/48 isn't my scale- sorry!

Mike

After being quite pleased with the Legend electronic bay inserts for the Voodoo, I bought the F-100 cockpit set -and it is pants! I mean, just a nondescript blob of resin with very badly defined detail that bears little resemblance to the reality. And the seat is way short!

In this scale, barring the AMS jobbie, your best bet is the Quickboost seat.

https://www.hannants.co.uk/product/QB48509

Edited by AngstROM

Hi Will,

The only decent replacement seat I've found for the Monogram kit is the old white metal one from Aeroclub. Legend apparently used Black Box's too-short seat as a reference. If you use a correctly-sized seat in either the BB or Legend pit you'll have to remove the raised part of the floor they had to add to raise their too-short seat. I think the seat from AMS was sized for the Trumpeter cockpit so the bottom part would be too long to fit a cockpit meant for Monogram. It's been years so I cant recall exactly why I went with the Aeroclub seat but I'm pretty sure it was because the AMS seat didn't fit the Legend pit. Sorry I can't give you a better answer but I'm away from my models on vacation right now.

Cheers!

Ben

• Like 1