1/87 1923 Mack Aerial Ladder Truck

I agree. By the looks of the detail in this kit, it would put some of the mainstream companies to shame. What also makes this build look so good is the brilliant paint job you've done.

Thanks mate. It is a great little kit. I'd love it if they did a 1/24 version as well!

Here's a pic of a couple of the ladders on the sprue. You can easily see how they are kept true:

WP_20160529_12_37_36_Pro_zpswafmyvzd.jpg

Moving on, I have finally got the tiller sub-assemblies together as one........

WP_20160529_12_40_15_Pro_zpsu69gcjxe.jpg

WP_20160529_12_36_19_Pro_zpsqlorrihr.jpg

Next up, the very minimal 'tyres' on the wooden wheels need painting, along with the wooden ladders, extinguishers, fire buckets, lanterns........

• Like 1

You know what, Paul? I was thinking the same thing last night, about it being produced in 1:24 scale. Can you imagine the amount of detail it could contain?

I must admit that Revell are improving a lot now. Their Routemaster bus kit fitted together absolutely perfectly all the way along and there wasn't any flashing, etc, so they must have used a new tool to produce it.

As for the above, it's looking amazing! Isn't it so heart warming when the build starts coming together? Makes all that hard work worthwhile.

Well, I'm calling this one done. It's been great fun to build, if delicate and challenging at times but I will definitely be looking for more of these Highway Miniatures kits.

Just the one pic for now but I will put more in the RFI post http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235003316-1923-mack-aerial-ladder/

WP_20160530_19_16_15_Pro_zpsrnc7259j.jpg

Edited by paul_c
  • Like 4