Hi Paul!

Very good job. Always regarded the Voodoo as one of the most elegant aircraft. Now you have a nice and colorful addition to your fine collection.

Cheers,

Mario

Hello,Mario - Thank you once again for your kind reply.I'm pleased you like her.I love the 'colourful schemes' on both the Air Force and Navy types.In this case,I particularly like the fin flash as it seems to compliment the rake of the fin splendidly.;) All the very best,Paul.

Hello,Friends - The cockpit interior could not be viewed in the earlier photos so I thought I'd add these.Again,all the detail is in the kit,including harnesses etc.This area was purely brush-painted and nothing else.All the very best,Paul.

image_zpsowpwn445.jpeg

image_zpsalgqu4zn.jpeg

image_zpsnq2q1eai.jpeg

Edited by mcdonnell
  • Like 3

I built the same vintage F-105 in the re-released Revell boxing, and it's the same quality and easy building as you mentioned.

Any way around, yours looks fantastic!

• Like 1

raised panel lines are not the end of the world.

You can say that again!

Builds like this really demonstrate that skill and craftsmanship mean can make any model look fantastic.

Macdonnel, you did a fantastic job, sir!

I have this kit and got a little stuck getting the seems out of the exhaust cans. How did you address yours?

• Like 1

Hello,Friends - Once again I thank each and every one of your for your very kind and much appreciated and respected replies.I follow many of you on the Forum and know the inspirational standard and quality of builds you create,so your liking of 'Voodoo' means a lot to me.

I look forward to sending more personal thank yous using the quote replies to you.

Once again everybody,thank you so much."Happy Fettling!!" ;) All the very best,Paul.

You can say that again!

Builds like this really demonstrate that skill and craftsmanship mean can make any model look fantastic.

Macdonnel, you did a fantastic job, sir!

I have this kit and got a little stuck getting the seems out of the exhaust cans. How did you address yours?

Hello,'Soft Science' - Thank you ever so much.Yes,the exhaust cans.You've raised a very valid question there.They're rather an unusual shape,being circular towards the ends and more 'oval' towards the rear fuselage join.In joining the cans together I had no option but to loose the raised lines with the sanding process.Be really careful to align the inside joining pegs in the slots.This is a little tricky because the slot is not very deep.I secured these in place with superglue.From that point,I gently 'shaped' the cans a little with a sanding stick to help them conform to the desired shape of flow,I then thought about how to reinstate some of the can 'sections'. This I decided to emulate with masking and brush-painting Humbrol 'Metalcote' tinted with differing colour enamels to give a tonal effect.It's not perfect but at least gives a hint of variation.These sections were then sealed with a couple of coats of 'Klear',as was the rest of the airframe,prior to a finishing coat of 'Xtracolor' Enamel Satin Varnish.I hope that has been a help to you.;) All the very best,Paul.

Thanks for the advice. I will try the same with mine.

Hello,SoftScience - You're more than welcome.Good luck with her,;) All the very best,Paul.

Hi Paul,

Congrats on a superb build of an impressive aircraft. The finish is handsome, as should be expected from your very clean builds.

Also, congrats on your first WIP, which I followed with interest.

:goodjob:

Cheers

Jaime

• Like 1

nice work, im just building the very same kit, had to get some a/m decals for mine as the box ones were well past it....

Hello,Batcode - Many thanks for your fry kind reply.Good luck with your build.I felt the same way about my kit's original decal sheet and treated her to the Caracal Decals Sheet.Beautiful quality and to wok with.Good luck! ;) All the very best,Paul.

Very nice,always had a soft spot for the Century series aircraft.

Ian

Hello,Ian - Many thanks for your kind reply.I share your liking of the Century Series aircraft.,They're elegant looking types and look resplendent in their ANG colourful and varied markings.I could see myself getting quite hooked on this subject as a modelling theme.A 'Phantom' in Missouri ANG livery is definitely on the cards,;) All the very best,Paul.

Stunning! And a proper color/markings scheme! (insert smiley with cowboy hat here)

Hello,Space Ranger - Many thanks from across the miles for your very kind reply.I'm delighted 'Voodoo' gets approval from her home territory! ;) This was a great kit to build and the type has grown on me.The ANG units had also grown on me as a theme.Well maintained aircraft in varied colourful markings - superb! All the very best,Paul.

Hi Paul,

Congrats on a superb build of an impressive aircraft. The finish is handsome, as should be expected from your very clean builds.

Also, congrats on your first WIP, which I followed with interest.

:goodjob:

Cheers

Jaime

Hello,Jaime - Many thanks tou you once again for your very kind replies and support throughout 'Voodoo's build.Much appreciated and respected.I got there in the end and must admit that taking everything into consideration,this has probably been one of the most enjoyable kits I've made.Certainly in 1/48 scale it is.It's lack of high-tech tolerances seemed to make it more forgiving and the final assembly stage was the easiest I've done.Thinking of the next project now!;) All the very best,Paul.
  • Like 1

That's come out very nicely indeed! Apart from the finish and general look, I really like those intake covers.

Also what others already've said - so nice to see an older kit built up. Sublime!

Jay

• Like 1

Hello,Jay - Many thanks for your very kind reply.The intake covers do add a little detail and a splash of colour,that's true.A great way of hiding problematic areas inside intakes too! I look forward to tackling another Monogram Classic in due course.;) All the very best,Paul.

Fine looking Voodoo you got there Paul.

I think you have done an outstanding job on that old

but I must say beautiful kit.

Thanks for sharing.

Adrian

Hello,Adrian - Thank you once again for your very kind reply. I'm pleased you like her.The kit proved to be one of the most enjoyable to do to date.It just seemed very 'modeller friendly' somehow. ;) All the very best,Paul.

Hi Paul!

Very good job. Always regarded the Voodoo as one of the most elegant aircraft. Now you have a nice and colorful addition to your fine collection.

Cheers,

Mario

Hello,Mario - Many thanks once again for your very kind reply.Yes,the 'Voodoo' is an elegant looking aircraft.The twin-seater is my personal favourite.I must admit this build has increased my love of these colourful 'hi-viz' schemes.Watch this space!! ;) All the very best,Paul.