After all the palava

skiny

After all the palava with trying to use airosols im going back to the brush.what i need to know is what i need to do this.OK OK i know it sound daft but its 40 plus years since i painted a model.then i had steady hands and a good eye,now i twitch like im being electricuted.what brushes /thinners/ paint do i need.

thanks in advance B

Some people who REALLY know what they are talking about will be along very shortly but in the meantime I would recommend buying the best quality brushes you can because that makes a very noticeable difference. I went from using Humbrol brushes because I could get my hands on them easily to using Tamiya ones. The difference was signficant in both the longevity of the brushes and the quality of the finish I could achieve. Yes, Tamiya brushes cost quite a bit more but the results and longer lifespan made that irrelevant (to me).

I have read many threads here regarding various other brands of brushes that by the sounds of things will knock the Tamiya ones into a cocked hat but for the life of me I can't remember any of them! Flow Enhancer also seems to make a significant difference (I use Windsor & Newton) to acrylic paints when it comes to brush painting.

Like I say, wait till some of the real hairy stick brigade come along and heed their words well!

DC