Jaguar GR 1 Stencils - Decal Sheet

Calum

Can anyone suggest a After market decal sheet that also contains stencils for a GR-1 in the grey green scheme?

I thought the Model Alliance sheet I had did, but they helpfully omitted them, with a note saying there are a plethora of jaguar Gr-1 sheets out there with stencils . They did include a GR 3 set though and I only have a Gr 3 Airfix kit, so I can't rob them from there (plus they are quite old). I have the Kittyhawk kit decals, and they have a set but I'd like a backup if possible.

Alternately does anyone know how different the Gr3/ Gr 1 stencils are? If they are close enough I'd be happy to go with those.

Thanks in advance

Calum,

I have both the GR1 and GR3 boxings of the 1/48 Airfix kit, so I have looked at the differences in stencils. They are quite similar, in that most of the stencils are the same and the differences are (to my eyes) are all in some of the smaller stencils.

I would be inclined to ignore the small differences, since you can't assume that in both cases 1) Airfix have got right and 2) if there are differences, you can't assume that they are universal in all wraparound GR1's or GR.3's.

Just my opinion, thinking it through...

Incidentally, I am aiming to use Xtradecal X020-48, which has a nicely printed selection of 6 and 54 Sqn machines at Coltishall...