HMAS Canberra Orange Hobby 1/700

• 3 weeks later...

Excellent model. Nice diorama.

Showing the RAN is going for bigger and bigger. (and modern)

Edited by Orion
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

Thanks for the further comments folks. This Canberra now has a new home with one of the real ships crew and he seems quite happy with it. I Bought a replacement kit with the the funds from that and will be doing HMAS Adelaide next for my Fleet Base West diorama. Also have another 2 Canberras to build after that for commissions for more navy folks. This is a popular ship.

On a side note Orange Hobby have expressed interest in doing Canberra and Juan Carlos as 1/350 scale as well. See what happens there :)

Hope everyone is having a great weekend.

Cheers

Callum

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Thanks for the further comments, won't be too long till there are decals to do both sisters from the Orange Hobby kit so I will be building them together soon. LX2_zps6ioppqey.jpg

The ships have the ramp at the bow because they are based on the Spanish Juan Carlos LHD and they operate the Harrier still. It was cheaper to keep the design as is for the RAN instead of doing a redesign. 

• Like 1

Excellent finish on these models. My compliments. I favor diorama's. 

Also compliments to the Australian government, for keeping their Armed Forces up to date.

The view they have is sorely missed in Europe. I hope the new US administration will change

this pattern of relying on the US. "keep your own pants up"

Regards,

Dirk

The Netherlands.

• Like 1

Thanks again folks, Andrew S the water surface is clear acrylic gel medium just dabbed on with a thick brush. You can get it from arts supplies stores and its pretty cheap and lasts ages. you need to dab on  a couple of thin layers to build up the wave effect. Its really only good for calm water though.  

• Like 1