Tamiya 1/48 Jagdtiger

This kit was started several years ago but got set aside when I began doing projects for Airfix Model World. I decided to save it from the shelf of doom and take a crack at finishing it before plunging into my next AMW assignment. I'm a total armour rookie having built only three other tanks, all Tamiya 1/48 and all single-colour. This is my first attempt at a multi-tone tank camo scheme and to add to the challenge I chose to airbrush it freehand - something I very rarely do. I still need to apply the ambush camo dots which will probably be done with a conventional brush although I'm considering other options. I'll also apply some fading filters and light weathering but I'm not to the point where I want my tanks to look like they just came through the Battle of Kursk or been sitting in a scrap yard for a decade. smiley.gif

Paints are Tamiya thinned with automotive acrylic lacquer thinner.

P1010127_zpsd7j6in0n.jpg

P1010129_zpszznm8v9t.jpg

Cheers,

Eric

• Like 2

A couple hours with a toothpick and some Tamiya paint and my Jagdtiger has its ambush camo! I was going to use a fine brush but got the idea that the tip of a round toothpick would be perfect for applying tiny dots of paint. I tried it on a paint mule, was satisfied with the results, so went to town on the model!

P1010131_zpszhll0rfz.jpg

P1010134_zpsb7bnxqxz.jpg

P1010132_zps9xjfbqyg.jpg

Eric

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Time for a Jagdtiger update. Got the general overall painting, weathering, etc. done so have started attaching the various tools, spare tracks, and other bits. I'll probably add some additional dirt and grime to the wheels later.

JT_1_zps7bqlkpxb.jpg

Eric

• Like 2