1/72 Finnish Air Force Fokker F-27 Troopship Decals

TOPGUN88

I've noticed that there isn't much in the way of decal sheets for the Fokker friendship/troopship in military service. I am planning on making an aircraft of the Finnish Air Force. I have the Roundels but I have no Idea what size of letters I would need for the registration, tail numbers, nose codes if any. Could someone point me in the right direction of the sizes.

• Like 1

Hello TOPGUN!

I've built one. I used old decals made by "Suomen Lennokki". These decals are out of print but you might still find them in the internet. Suomen Lennokki provided only the original style registration codes (FF-1, FF-2, FF-3). All stencils and warning markings are general and you can find those in multiple sheets (for example: Galdecal).

For the registration codes you can use suitable British letters and numbers. I will check the size and inform you later today.

Two of the Fokkers are sitting in a hangar couple of hundred meters away so if you need information about details don't hesitate to ask.

Best Regards,

Antti

• Like 1

I would also love to do a Finnish Air Force F-27. Been hunting for decals for a long time.

Kiitos for the info on the decals Antii :D

I assume that is your build on pienoismallit.net? Very nice :thumbsup: Looks like I commented on your post over there all those years ago!

• Like 1

Thank you Trojan Thunder :) That's my model all right. The famous "Ansa" SIGINT plane which is still in service (for the last 25 years already). Replacement (CASA) is getting ready for operational work in great secrecy.

For the old scheme there is one decal that is difficult: the red and white propeller warning sign and band. I used decals intended for Piper Chieftain so the text is far too small but at least it is in Finnish language. All other markings can easily be found on Galdecal sheets. However you have to purchase several to get all main stencils. Camouflage colours are all from British Standard range: Light Bronze Green, Very Dark Drab and Light Aircraft Grey.

Best Regards,

Antti

• Like 2

Hi antti

Thankyou so much for the information . I am jealous you are near a couple of F-27s. The only one i have seen at aberdeen is the icelandic coast guard. I have letters from an xtradecal sheet but they dont look thick enough. The sizes would be great thanks.