Revell/Monogram B-25 Mitchell.

Hello,Steve - A beautiful model with fine undercarriage - 'Jaunty Jo's not too bad either!! :) All the very best,Paul.

Thanks Paul getting there bit by bit!

• Like 1

Neat work on the transfers Steve, settled down a treat. Love the nose art as well!

I plan to do the old Italeri 1/72 kit as 'bottoms up ii' for the MTO GB, if the transfers arrive. It's a bit of a homage to my wife as well, when she saw it she laughed as I said it looked like her, she agreed and was rather happy about it so I said I would build it for her...

Rob

• Like 1

Neat work on the transfers Steve, settled down a treat. Love the nose art as well!

I plan to do the old Italeri 1/72 kit as 'bottoms up ii' for the MTO GB, if the transfers arrive. It's a bit of a homage to my wife as well, when she saw it she laughed as I said it looked like her, she agreed and was rather happy about it so I said I would build it for her...

Rob

Nice choice Rob,I'd like to do another twin in this scale and the MTO GB is a good excuse,Boston or Marauder come to mind.

Nice choice Rob,I'd like to do another twin in this scale and the MTO GB is a good excuse,Boston or Marauder come to mind.

I really like the marauder but it's hard to find a good kit in 1/72, not sure of the range in 1/48.

I have the 1/72 Revell Boston which comes with the RAF marking from Italy... But with the Mitchell and my other ideas I may be getting carried away

Rob

Hi Steve,

The Marauder is a challenge...I built one recently so I know.

As for the tail sitting, there are a couple of options still open to you - have you tried resin wheels? The heavier nosewheel helps to pull the balance forwards, and the mainwheels usually have flats on them which helps to discourage the thing from rolling backwards around the wheel. Failing that, file some flats onto the kit wheels which may achieved the same thing. Last resort, make up some wheel chocks and glue them to the back of the mainwheels - it moves the fulcrum rearwards and sometimes stops tailsitting if it's just on the limits anyway.

Food for thought. Nice job so far, by the way!

Cheers,

Dean

• Like 1

Thank's Dean,thinking as a last resort a small base just the size to place the wheels on,I did attempt Monograms Marauder a few years ago without

success! Maybe Italeri/AMT's boston will be a better option despite it,s issues.

Hey Steve, I just discovered this thread. I hope that you don't mind me jumping on board for the ride !! It is very informative. Keep up the good work. Bob H.

• Like 1

Hey Steve, I just discovered this thread. I hope that you don't mind me jumping on board for the ride !! It is very informative. Keep up the good work. Bob H.

Not at all Bob,welcome aboard!

Looking rally good now Steve!

John

Many thank's John,did a little more yesterday putting the finishing touches to the lower surface colour.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...