1/72nd Metal Winged Hurricane Mk.I,...using the new Alley Cat resin conversion set.

Cheers Beard,

Here is my latest update;

RAF;

DSCF7963_zpsmtxejkxv.jpg

DSCF7963_zpsmtxejkxv.jpg

I still need to find a fin flash and the MSG codes need to be extended as they are too short.

RCAF;

DSCF7965_zpsfxbp15oc.jpg

DSCF7964_zpspydbfujc.jpg

The H will be overpainted as per the real aircraft,.....I went for 2-A in the end!

Cheers

Tony

• Like 8

These are looking very nice indeed. I received my wing the other day and the detail looks excellent. My only comments would be that the trailing edge looks a little thick, and there is no way to remove the flaps and have them positioned down.

Ian

• Like 1

Cheers lads,

Here is my latest update,.......I`ve matt varnished the models,....given them a watercolour wash and overpainted the `H' markings on the Sea Hurri;

The Sea Hurri;

DSCF8011_zpsn3uabxou.jpg

DSCF8009_zpsambgh0fx.jpg

The Desert Hurri;

DSCF8008_zpsqfdmy2o3.jpg

I can get on with a bit of weathering and adding the small parts now,

Cheers

Tony

• Like 4

Hiya Folks,

Well the Sea Hurricane is finished and there are some more pics here; http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235002106-172nd-metal-winged-hurricane-mkiusing-the-new-alley-cat-resin-conversion-set/

DSCF8019_zpssxrodrzs.jpg

However,.....the 73 Sqn Hurricane had a last minute varnish disaster which left the left wing looking as if it had been whitewashed! So it is currently being re painted and should follow in a few more day!

All the best

Tony

Edited by tonyot
  • Like 4

Hiya Chris,

Yes it wears the Temperate Sea Scheme,....but on the film it looks darker,.....either due to the film itself of the EDSG in particular was a bit darker and more like the British equivalent before it faded. I have a feeling that the majority of the Sea Hurri`s on the film were painted using US paints where the EDSG was often quite lighter,....as seen on my model.

Cheers

Tony

I thought you'd stumbled across an unusual scheme of DG and Dark Mediterranean Blue. The aircraft in the background seems to be in "normal" TSS.

I know what you mean Chris,.......it could even be Dk Green and a dark blue grey ,....... when the RCAF reconditioned the Sea Hurri`s of the MSFU after they arrived in Halifax, NS aboard the CAM Ships they were refinished in all sorts of `strange' colours purporting to be loosely interpreted as TSS apparently,....... so I would not be surprised iF Dk. Green was used on 2-X. As you say,.....aircraft behind it appear in more standard TSS colours.

All the best,

Tony

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...