The Gripen I`ve built is finished as s/n 39210 "500 Fh", tail number 210 in the typical swedish airforce colours. I used JPS Colors CN003 N.10 for lower surface and CN010 N.9 for upper surfaces. All inner areas like the undercarriage or the airbrakes are painted with Aero Master 1085 Overall Grey.

No. 210 is a so called PRI airframe for the C/D series, it is intended to be flown more frequently than average airframes in order to gain expierience from long term effects on airframe, systems and components prior to the rest of the fleet reaching the same number of flight hours. 39210 was flown well above 20 hours per month, this is (of course) unusually high.

During this time the aircraft had also undergone frequent service and repairs, and two 200 Fh overhaul.

Nine month after it had entered with F17 wing 1000 flight hours was exceeded on June 20, 2005.

(Source: Two Bobs, Colorful Gripens, 48-145)

The WIP thread you will find here:

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235001039-saab-jas-39-c-gripen-148-kittyhawk/page-2

Please feel free and criticise my model if you find evident construction mistakes or omissions.

One never finishes learning, thx in advance.

Dirk

Edited by Sarcococca
  • Like 4

DSCN6457.jpg

DSCN6460.jpg

DSCN6466.jpg

DSCN6476.jpg

DSCN6469.jpg

The safety pin is shown inserted in place beneath the rear wingroot, to enable the airbrakes to be opened on the ground.

(Source: Saab JAS-39 Gripen, Photo Hobby Manual, page 23.)

DSCN6486.jpg

DSCN6489.jpg

DSCN6482.jpg

DSCN6495.jpg

DSCN6492.jpg

DSCN6498.jpg

DSCN6506.jpg

DSCN6513.jpg

DSCN6479.jpg

DSCN6517.jpg

DSCN6445.jpg

DSCN6454.jpg

DSCN6451.jpg

Edited by Sarcococca
  • Like 41

Wow! You do know that posting photos of the full-size machine and pretending it's a model is cheating, don't you?!?

Beautiful finishing and simply amazing attention to detail - well done!

Yea, erm, thats rather very quite special is that! Very well done, most impressive and inspiring.

I am equally intrigued by the hanger, do you have a WIP for that?

I couldn't find a single thing to fault even if I tried. Amazing build! I'm also keen to know about the hangar. Is that an actual build or is it photoshopped in?

I honestly looked at the first few pics and thought these were reference pics of the real thing! I got to the end of your pics and I'm still struggling to believe this is a scale model.

Probably one of thes best model/diorama/photo combinations I've ever seen, truly incredible workmanship all round.

Stunningly beautiful.

Rgds,

Eng

Really nice build, I love all the extra little details you've added, I don't think you could have done any better!

Rich