1/72 - Bloch MB-155 (new variant) by RS Models - released - new boxing

Homebee

After the Bloch MB-151 and MB-152 (http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234966509-172-bloch-mb151-mb-152-by-rs-models-released/), RS Models is to release soon a 1/72nd Bloch MB-155 kit - ref. 92199

Source:

http://rsmodels.cz/cs/modely-letadel/plastikove-modely/1-72/92199/bloch-mb-155

1aynepsw79_large.jpg

s12kvl2bkt_large.jpg

V.P.

MattMemory2.jpg

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

I have an Azur Bloch 155.  It came out in 2001 and I bought mine in 2003.  I suspect that the best reason for not buying it is that it is no longer available, so if you want a Bloch 155 then the RS is a far better bet.  Though you could try ebay.

Other than that, why one and not the other is like why Airfix and not Revell.  Which is cheaper?  Which is better?  Which is available where you live?  Which has the colour scheme/markings that you want?  Not that there's a lot of choice with the MB 155.

• Like 1

Trenton Guy,

Yes, there is.  I know this as I've one such in my collection.

I've asked as I want to know whether the RS is better than the Azur kitting.  There could be lots of reasons for that.  Perhaps the Azur was incorrect in one or several ways.  Perhaps the RS kit is superior in terms of shape, size, external detailing, internal detailing, has a better canopy or better decal options.  Perhaps it's just a better engineered kit with sharper moulding, better plastic, or a less problematic parts layout and construction sequence.  Just because something is new does not make it better.  But then, a new kit may well be better due to superior moulding tech now available or what have you.

I appreciate these "new kit" announcements but would even more appreciate a bit of context alongside them.  That would greatly help in deciding whether to buy them.

Given that the RS kit is not yet out - see "is to be released" in the first posting and the RS website - it's a bit difficult to make any comparison on any grounds.  I haven't seen any specific criticism of the Azur kit but suspect a decent search will come up with whatever has been said.

What sort of context are you looking for? :shrug: This is a rumour section, for reporting up and coming products or newly released. If you'd like to know why a company has chosen to produce something, other than a product not made by them does make them money, you need to contact the company in question. They'll be the ones that know the whys and wherefores!

Edited by charlie_c67

Charlie,

Yes, I understand it's but a rumor section.  But the context is always good.  And it does happen.  Especially when it's a new kit announcement that's but a reboxing - like Special Hobby putting out an Academy kit but with its own decal option.  Or this discussion about the upcoming Mach 2 Avro York and the comments about the overall quality of Mach 2 releases.  This, especially in light of MikroMir's impending release of the same subject.  Or the comments providing the context over the Akatombo Works Blackburn B-48 Firecrest having stiff competition from the existing Magna Models Firecrest.

I find that information to be tremendously useful to put the new announcements into perspective.

• 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 1 year later...