Turbolaser from Star Wars IV

Dear forum members,

I have seen the wonderful Turbolaser diorama from Tony Agustin from 2003.

I was so fascinated from his work that I decided to build one as well.

As I was not a model maker and have never tried to build something from scratch this project has been a big challenge for me.

The X-Wings are from Bandai 1:72.

In total it took me 200 hours +.

I hope you like it!

B6915_EA7-986_F-44_D7-_B5_E4-7_D55_B35_E

41_BCF2_B3-3_A71-406_D-871_D-38627_FEA41

F73_B1733-4_AA9-4896-_B392-1203_D769_C49

Edited by Mindmax
Pictures were not longer available.
  • Like 18

I think you've been holding out on us, look what I inadvertently stumbled onto in your bucket:

image_zpsvsxvmv17.jpeg

Looks like a very good 1/72 Fine Molds Falcon (with mods). Impressive, most impressive!

• Like 3

Oh, thank you! This is the big Hasbro 28" Millennium Falcon. I did only a repaint so far. I still need to build nice sidewalls. Additional parts from Randy Cooper are looking nice but are far to expensive.

And how did you manage to Show the picture directly and not only the link?

Edited by Mindmax
  • Like 1

The framework of the Turbolaser has been done by thick paper plates (4mm). Over this I have glued styrene plates.

The rest has been mostly done from styrene parts which I have cut the way I needed them. The gun center is bress and the rest has been made from styrene and Lego parts. Only a few parts are from other plastic models (helicopter, racing car, jet).

Maybe I will replace the gun with a gun which looks more like the original gun. I can replace it easily because it is not glued with the tower itself.

Edited by Mindmax

Thanks for the in progress pics! If you have any more, post them up, I'd love to attempt something like this someday!

And how did you manage to Show the picture directly and not only the link?

Navigate to the relevant image you want to post from Photobucket. Copy the IMG link (URL). When posting on Britmodeller, paste the link (URL) into the post.

Use the "More Reply Options" to access the full post editor, and select Preview Post. Check everything is to your satisfaction and Add Reply (i.e. post the reply).

Once you get the hang of it, you may as well edit your previous posts to include the images - people will be able to immediately appreciate your work rather than have to click through to it (some can't be bothered).

For example:

image_zpsmzulzhzc.jpeg

• Like 4

Navigate to the relevant image you want to post from Photobucket. Copy the IMG link (URL). When posting on Britmodeller, paste the link (URL) into the post.

Use the "More Reply Options" to access the full post editor, and select Preview Post. Check everything is to your satisfaction and Add Reply (i.e. post the reply).

Once you get the hang of it, you may as well edit your previous posts to include the images - people will be able to immediately appreciate your work rather than have to click through to it (some can't be bothered).

For example:image_zpsmzulzhzc.jpeg

It does not work the way I do it: I have copied the URL from Photobucket, than I have pressed the "More Reply Options", than I have pressed "Preview Post", than I paste the URL into the post window and pressed "Add Reply".

But this gives only a new post with only the link again. The old post has not be changed. I think I am to stupid for this.