Academy 1/144 B-47B/E...REALLY?!

AngstROM

Well, I was after one of these pleasing little gems, but they seem a bit scarce at the moment.

Unless, of course: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Academy-B-47B-E-Stratojet-/161914749034?hash=item25b2df006a:g:eCIAAOSwx-9W0wFv...well, they're an 'Experienced Seller' -wonder how much 'experience' they'll get at that price!

Of course, I could go via Amazon: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Academy-B-47B-Stratojet-Model-Rectifier/dp/B00ZDNFW98/ref=sr_1_21?s=kids&ie=UTF8&qid=1462228523&sr=1-21&keywords=B-47 -after all, why be a tightwad, I'm worth it! Actually, come to think of it...I'm not. Neither is a tiny, tiny Strat. God help us, WHAT is going on here, Arthur??!

Edited by AngstROM

It's a great kit. Better IMHO than the 1/72 Hasegawa offering.

I'm sure it's divine, but it ain't worth two hundred an' forty sovs! I know this kind of insanity occurs on eBay, but Amazon...? Is this how they get to own two-thirds of Seattle?!

• Like 1

I've got one of those, plus a Hobbyboss version. I'll probably only build one so pm me if you're interested in some sort of a trade.

Mike

It's a great kit. Better IMHO than the 1/72 Hasegawa offering.

It is a nice little kit but, in the wrong scale. The Hasegawa kit may be very basic and , date back to the 60s but, it can be built into a good model. Given the (lack of) choice, I'd take the 1/72 kit - purely for reasons of scale. Of course, a PROPER scale B-47 to the standard of the Academy kit would be even nicer? :D

Allan

• Like 1

I would LURVE a 1/72 model, especially if it was a new-tool, but I'd have nowhere to put anything that big.

Thanks for the thought, Mike (bootneck); will PM you soon!

Have to admit, the disparity between prices for 1/144 is a little crazy, more so than in other scales it seems. After all, you can get Zvezda Battle for £2-3 yet this is 100 times more!

Edited by charlie_c67