Canberra B.2

E.E. Canberra B.2, 100 Sqn. RAF Wittering, April 1954 – 1st September 1959. The first jet-powered bomber to serve with the RAF, the Canberra was the backbone of Bomber Command until replaced by the V-bombers. The fin carried a blue and yellow check pattern denoting the Wittering Wing. 100 Squadron was identified by a green disc (40 Sqn by a red disc).

I used Airfix 1/72 English Electric Canberra B(I)8 (A05038)

Heritage Aviation Models conversion set
Flightpath FOD guards and ladders
Model Alliance sheet MAS-729024, Black Squared Codes & Serials for the EE Canberra.
Roundels and fin flashes were taken from Xtradecal sheet X72041 RAF Post War D Type and Low Vis Pink/Pale Blue Roundels.
RBF tags are from Astra Decals sheet ASD7221.
Humbrol Acrylics, Vallejo Model Colour and Vallejo Model Air paints.

412457150.jpg

Tail on wrong.

Corrected...

412473062.jpg

Edited by Ratch
  • Like 10

I followed the instructions - Airfix probably numbered the parts incorrectly on the instruction sheet. I'll have to see if I can re-fix them.

Got them on the wrong sides I suspect giving the downward rather than upward slant, otherwise a nice model.

• Like 1

I hate to say I did exactly the same thing as a teenager back in the 80's when making the then current Airfix Canberra!

• Like 1

Hi Ratch,

impressive Canberra and we don't see them very often in NMF. Top mark for originality!

Great build too and the vehicles you built are rather smashing.

I had no idea Airfix had done a 1/72 Canberra. How many years ago did that happen?

The horizontal surfaces do indeed look so mach better with a dihedral! No brownie points to Airfix for that "error".

I really like it

JR

• Like 1