1/48 Horten Ho-229, Zoukei Mura

Hello,

here are few progress pictures of the engines.

I plan to make it wooden, in some imagionary situation :)

Thanks for watching !

Regards,

Marko

1_Hortne_SWS.jpg

2_Horten_SWS.jpg

3_Horten_SWS.jpg

4_Horten_SWS.jpg

6_Horten_SWS.jpg

IMG_1686.jpg

IMG_1687.jpg

IMG_1696.jpg

• Like 14

Nice start! You have got me wondering where exactly I put my Dragon kit of this subject.

Martin

Hello again,

here are few pic of the finished engine (still few bits to do), I will now proceed with internal construction...

Regards!

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 8

Thanks all!

Here are few more pic, mostly of wood painting.

Still need to put overcoat with airbrush to even it all. Than weathering, it is too clean. Don't like celan stuff... :)

IMG_1884.jpg

IMG_1895.jpg

IMG_1899.jpg

IMG_1938.jpg

• Like 9

Thanks all!

Nigel, well there is no philospohy.

Base is gunze H313. So you need acrilyc.

Once it is dry, put overall oil colour. I've used Rembrandt in tube, No. 265. I suggest you use these colours, because they are suitable for those effects.

Just use wider brush and make tiny moves up and down while slowly pulling back the brush. You can repeat that until you get satisfactory result.

Final touches with revell enamel color - I've used no. 82 revell. Just draw lines with tiny rbush and than blend a bit with oil thinner.

• Like 3

Superb paint job.I have one question.How you do little black-brown scratches on engines-on silver base color.Pls write step by step.Many thanks.Greatings from Slovakia ;)

Edited by Reserve_22

Superb paint job.I have one question.How you do little black-brown scratches on engines-on silver base color.Pls write step by step.Many thanks.Greatings from Slovakia ;)

Greetings from Croatia! :)

Thanks, I'll copy/paste from another forum:

Hi, I've used revell gloss black as base. Than Alclad aluminum. I did wash with tamiya brown wash and Mig deep brown wash (overall). I've used on some areas Mig Standard rust effect. Than I've put light coat of AK Dust effect, when the surface was still wet I've tapped with the small sponge and let it dry. Well, that is some general order, but there is no rule, a lot of experiment.

So, in short: I put brownish wash/dust wash (depends on the effect you want) overall. Once it is semi-dry, I tap with a small sponge. So keyword: SPONGE :D You can repeat procedure until you are satisfied.

Edited by skuki
  • Like 1

I wasn't quite satisfide with the result, so I've tried to impove it, It seems better, at least to me.

Now I will have to wait for 7 days to dry, and than I can paint the other side.

After everything is dry, I'll put matt coat tinted with gunze sail + white overall to even it a bit.

Thanks for watching! Bye!

IMG_1951.jpg

IMG_1964.jpg

IMG_1968.jpg

IMG_1986.jpg

IMG_1993.jpg

IMG_2003.jpg

IMG_2013.jpg

• Like 5

Its not from my head but from top world modeller Zdenko Bugáň from Slovakia.They do models for WnW

https://www.google.sk/search?q=Zdenko+bugan&client=ms-android-tmobile-sk&source=lnms&prmd=ivn&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwi8w9St5eHMAhXCaRQKHVJQBP4Q_AUIBygB&biw=360&bih=512

Edited by Reserve_22
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...