SAS Jeep North Africa (Tamiya 1/35)

I remember building this kit as a teen back in the late 70's. In fact, it was my FIRST ever build and I have stuck with Tamiya ever since. Brings back memories. One memory that sticks out and appears from the photos to be relevant even today, is the fit of the Jerry cans. The fact that the mouldings didn't always line up was a bit of a disappointment... however by mixing and matching different halves it was possible to improve the fits. And the other thing I did was remove the 'seam line' running around the centre of the tyres, including the spares.

Still, a nice little jeep.

Thanks for invoking the memories,

Badder

• Like 1

I remember building this kit as a teen back in the late 70's. In fact, it was my FIRST ever build and I have stuck with Tamiya ever since. Brings back memories. One memory that sticks out and appears from the photos to be relevant even today, is the fit of the Jerry cans. The fact that the mouldings didn't always line up was a bit of a disappointment... however by mixing and matching different halves it was possible to improve the fits. And the other thing I did was remove the 'seam line' running around the centre of the tyres, including the spares.

Still, a nice little jeep.

Thanks for invoking the memories,

Badder

Thanks!

Some of the details (and the instructions) did seem rather antiquated!

I did the Jeep as a quick afternoon's build and lost patience with the wonky jerry cans...

• Like 1