10,000 Rivets flying in close formation, correction 30,000! Revell Shackleton AEW 2

All three of them look great,.....I love the White and Grey one and the Grey and White one wears my favourite scheme for the Shack with the White Knuckle Airlines titles,........but the Revell AEW.2 looks superb too and I agree with you about the surface detail,.....great job!

Cheers

Tony

Love them! Proper aeroplanes.

But shouldnt the post title read more like ..... 30,000 rattling rivets flying in loose formation........?

Edited by FatFlyHalf

Mmmmmmm always liked the Shackleton. I can still remember the noise they made as they flew down the east coast, especially when I was on my holidays in Fife as they always seemed to be right down in the whitecaps, avoiding the Leuchars Phantoms I'm guessing?

DC

Great build! Mind you, you have had a tiny bit of practice at Shacks recently! You just need an MR3 now.

Martin

Very nice, would love to see these in person if you plan on showing them at all.

I'm going to have them out at my clubs display at the west Cornwall Model show in September but for most, West Cornwall is at the end of the world

Beautifully done! I've got this in the pending pile and am keen to have a go too and compare it to the Airfix version.

Needs a bit more dirt, but otherwise, nice!

The vast, vast majority of pictures I've seen of AEW2s show them almost pristine. They were looked after better than the Crown Jewels. Maybe some patchy paintwork here and there, but grubby? Very very rarely!

• Like 3

Lovely job on all three. Shackleton fans definitely spoiled with two fine kits.

The vast, vast majority of pictures I've seen of AEW2s show them almost pristine. They were looked after better than the Crown Jewels. Maybe some patchy paintwork here and there, but grubby? Very very rarely!

I was thinking exactly the same thing. "More dirt" is not a fix-all for realism, in fact it's usually the opposite.
  • Like 2

The pictures I used for reference the aircraft was clean and looked in good condition. Which is why I limited weathering. Someone recently posted a built revell shackleton and weathered it massively and received lots of negative comments over his unrealistic weathering

• Like 3