Boeing Model 281 in China - 1/72 Revell

Hopefully this is the right place to post this but I finished (except for forgetting to paint the black leather headrest, which I will do this evening) my 1/72 Revell P-26 kit.

I used Bestfong decals, which are nice but a bit see through so be sure to used the white blanks that come with the decals so you don't see the color of the paint coming through the white portions of the markings.

Fun build, hope you like it.

Greg in OK

0IMG_4373_zpschwn5sjo.jpg

0IMG_4369_zps6ptnzwt5.jpg

• Like 8

That's my kind of plane Greg :) You've done a great job, a very nice paint finish. I have one in the stash to build as the sole example that went to Spain, this encourages me to do it soon!

The rigging looks great, was it fiddly to do?

That's a lovely model :goodjob:

Best regards

Tony

Rigging was not too bad. First, leave the engine off so you have an open nose. Then CA glue about a foot (1/3 meter, if you are on the other side of the pond) of fishing line to the holes in the upper inside landing gear, when the line is set pull it through the bottom of the landing gear wheel cover on the other side, then pull thru the bottom of the wing up to the top of the wing then the top of the wing the fuselage then out thru the nose (which is why you didn't put the engine in).

Don't glue anything up except the first spot and the put a clamp (for constant tension) on to the line out if the nose, pull a little tension on it then go back and glue them in the same sequence that you used to thread them, each time making sure the line in the nose is under slight tension. When all on the line is glued in place then go back and do the next line the same what until you have done all 6 lines. (only 4 of them start from the upper side of the landing gear, one of them starts from the wheel cover).

Trim them so they are neat inside the fuselage and THEN put the engine in place.

A heads up. BEFORE you start make sure the holes in the match up, some of them did, some of them didn't and some of them just weren't there!

I hope that helps!

Greg in OK

Great idea, get building then!

Quick thing I forgot to mention, I didn't forget the radio, the Chinese version didn't have them. Also only one or two had the tube like telescopic gunsight so check any photos you can find (there are not many).

Greg in OK

A very nice model.The P26 makes a lovely kit in whatever scheme it gets done in.Nice job on the rigging.With regard to decals,the Print Scale P26 decals are excellent.Guaranteed to get you building P26's!!!

Nice work, but why not on RFI?

Cheers

Jerzy-Wojtek

That's why my first post says 'hopefully in the right place'. I am pretty new to this site and should have put in RFI I guess.

Greg in OK

That's why my first post says 'hopefully in the right place'. I am pretty new to this site and should have put in RFI I guess.

Greg in OK

Use the report feature to ask the mods to move it into the RFI section

Edit:

I just did ...