T-55 STGB Chat

Shermaniac

Hi all. Thank you to everyone who took part. Due to a few circumstances I think this GB was a little on the quiet side but we do have 8 splendid completed builds in the Gallery. Please take some time to look in the Gallery and vote for your favourite three.

The poll will close a week from today on Monday 20th January at 6pm UK time.

Kind regards,

Stix

Edited by PlaStix
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I had intended the poll to be up earlier but I managed to lose the first one I had done late yesterday evening!! :banghead:

I always think, to maintain the interest in a GB and it's poll, it needs to be up as soon as possible after the GB has finished. And it needs a bit of publicity.

A few years back I took part in quite a big GB but the poll didn’t appear until a few weeks later by which time most of the participants had forgotten about the GB and moved on to other projects and no-one bothered to mention the poll was up and running. It had just about half the number of people voting in total as we've had in under one day!

Thank you for your comments.

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 1

Well we have had 26 people voted so far which isn't bad - it's over three times as many builds in the Gallery - which, compared to some GB polls I have seen is pretty good going!!

Thank you to everyone who has taken the time to vote.

It would be nice to have a few more so, if you haven't voted yet, please check out the Gallery and then vote for your favourite three.

There are only three days to get your votes in.

Hope everyone has a great weekend.

Kind regards,

Stix

Edited by PlaStix

Hi all. Well at the time of writing this post 38 people have taken the time to vote - which is pretty good for our little STGB!

If you'd still like to vote you have until 6pm today (20th January) UK time to do so.

Thank you to all those who have taken the time to vote so far.

Kind regards,

Stix 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Well we had a fantastic 39 people kind enough to vote in our little GB. Thank you very much to all who took the time to vote.

The vote was very close at the end with my Tiran 5 and @Hewy's T-54B separated by just one vote. Well done Glynn. And well done to @modelling minion for third place. I thought it was good as well that everyone got votes.

Thank you very much to everyone who voted for my build - you are all very kind.

Due to a number of circumstances this GB was a little on the quiet side but we still got eight great builds in the Gallery.

If you enjoy building AFVs and would like to take part in other AFV STGBs later in the year then look out for the T-34 STGB in June and the Panther STGB in October.

Thank you again to everyone who took part in this GB and to everyone who contributed with comments or suggestions. 

Kind regards,

Stix

PS - there's only just over a year to the much anticipated Panzer III STGB which starts in February 2021!

Edited by PlaStix
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Cheers craig ,and  well done to  all who got one over the line ,  probably due to to the run up to christmas and the festivities, that not so many got finished but, @PlaStix,you need some form of handicap system at the final count up of these gb's , i suggest something like starting on -5 votes or something :cwl:,( it was a very polished model though)👍👍

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Well done to everyone who took part, especially those who actually completed a model. 'Fraid I'm one of the non finishers. In future I'm going to have to avoid any GB which runs over the autumn/Christmas period as I'm usually in the UK for a few weeks attending Telford. Thanks to Stix for all your efforts. 

The T-34 GB does sound interesting and at a time that might suit.

John.

• Like 2

On 20/01/2020 at 21:43, modelling minion said:

Congratulations to Stix and Glynn for your two excellent builds, truly first rate models.

Really good that everyone got some votes and even if we didn't get lots in the gallery we had good builds on show.

A big thanks again Stix for hosting at late notice and to all who took part and voted.

Thank you Craig. It was a shame it ended up being so quiet but perhaps the Christmas period isn't the best time for a GB to be ending? Too many other commitments for people.

On 21/01/2020 at 06:04, Hewy said:

@PlaStix,you need some form of handicap system at the final count up of these gb's , i suggest something like starting on -5 votes or something

Hi Glynn!! I know what you mean!!!! It's really annoying when the GB host wins!!! @modelling minion had the same situation in his recent GB - and, as he said in his GB chat thread, I didn't vote for my own!!  I must admit, by mid-week, I thought you'd got it - you were the 5 votes clear at one point! Have you been going around upsetting or annoying people? :winkgrin:

On 21/01/2020 at 11:22, Bullbasket said:

Well done to everyone who took part, especially those who actually completed a model. 'Fraid I'm one of the non finishers. In future I'm going to have to avoid any GB which runs over the autumn/Christmas period as I'm usually in the UK for a few weeks attending Telford. Thanks to Stix for all your efforts. 

The T-34 GB does sound interesting and at a time that might suit.

John.

Hi John and thank you for your comments. As I said to Craig, above - the timing of the end of the GB could be one of the problems. Hope to see you and everyone else in the T-34 GB then! :thumbsup:

I'm going to have a go at something with wings (sort of) in the 'In the Navy' GB next - after I have finished my Abrams.

Kind regards,

Stix

Edited by PlaStix
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

I think that the timing of the GB was indeed the main problem, so we can squarely lay the blame at the door of the Buccaneer mob who had the GB swapped with theirs :) .

It is a bit embarrassing winning your own GB isn't it but that is the way the votes go sometimes and in your case it is hardly surprising as your builds are so good and I always thought it would be a close call between yourself and Glynn.

Are you going rotary winged for "in the Navy" ? I do hope so, about time you turned your attention to some egg-beaters.  

• Like 2

Hi Craig. Hope you are well. Yes it is a bit uncomfortable to win your own GB although this one really wasn't going to be hosted by me until the very last minute - really just an absence of anyone else to do it! Don't get me wrong it's nice to win and I'm very grateful to everyone who voted for mine. I honestly thought Hewy's would win - such an impressive build and finish in 1/72.

With regards my Navy GB build - not a helicopter I'm afraid.

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 3

My congratulations to winners, their models were the best, especially thank to Stix who organized this GP and all participants!

Kind regards,

Willy