Barque East African

Completed yesterday.

Scratchbuilt.

32 feet to 1 inch.

Hull length, 7.7 inches on waterline.

Hull - wood.

Masts and spars - metal (Brass, copper & silver steel).

Rigging - fine copper wire.

Bob

In_Case_1_Medium.jpg

• Like 22

I really am in awe of what you achieve at that scale, especially given the hard time I'm having at the comparatively huge scale of 1/144th! :)

Bob That is brilliant , as others have said how do you model such lovely ships and at such a small scale, many thanks for sharing all your builds and good to see you back modelling.

Whats next on the list

Jim

• 2 months later...

Thanks,

The rigging is easy enough, but most modellers just decide they could never do anyting like that and there the matter ends! As it is rigged in wire, there are no fiddly knots to mess about with as it is all just glued on.

Sold it yesterday, so it is no longer in my possession.

Bob

Never seen Glenlee, but from photographs, looks to be an excellent restoration of a fine-looking barque. Here is the sail plan of one of the sister ships. Stump t'gallant barque rig with no royals. It continues to surprise me that more of this type of ship are not modelled. I seldom see anyone else building them.

Bob

Caithness_Shire.jpg

Never seen Glenlee, but from photographs, looks to be an excellent restoration of a fine-looking barque. Here is the sail plan of one of the sister ships. Stump t'gallant barque rig with no royals. It continues to surprise me that more of this type of ship are not modelled. I seldom see anyone else building them.

Bob

Well worth a visit Bob.

Caithness-shire looks like another excellent model. Perhaps I should have a go at one at scratchbuilding- I almost managed it a few years back (did a half-hull of Archibald Russel) but lost patience and gave it away.

At least a baldheader like Glenlee would have a bit less rigging to tackle with!

Will

• 3 weeks later...