From Russia with Love GB chat

arr thats right!! ouch too many GB's already and next year isn't even here yet!!!

I know how it feels and it doesn't need much to get the building schedule all out of wack...

Does that really matter how many GBs are in the poll? By the end of the day only few of them will go through so I'm not hesitating of supporting GBs I could potentially take part in

That is the spirit :)

Please count me in.

Adrian

Thanks for joining Adrian.

Cheers, Peter

• 3 weeks later...

Given the time before this one kicks in, I'll put me 'and up wif an Object 279. They built two of them, I hope it'll be allowed.

I must step up my search for more wee chaps in Soviet NBC suits...

Given the time before this one kicks in, I'll put me 'and up wif an Object 279. They built two of them, I hope it'll be allowed.

I must step up my search for more wee chaps in Soviet NBC suits...

Welcome aboard Rob. I had to google "Object 279" as I had no idea what that is. And if I got the right object, id does look amazing.

object279_zpsfb8cfc1a.jpg

Of course this build is allowed as the tank was built.

Jack, I am glad you can join too - 10 more to go.

Cheers, Peter

Welcome aboard Rob. I had to google "Object 279" as I had no idea what that is. And if I got the right object, id does look amazing.

object279_zpsfb8cfc1a.jpg

Of course this build is allowed as the tank was built.

Cheers, Peter

That is indeed the beast Peter. Quite a fascinating bit of 'left of centre' military thinking. And in one of those odd coincidences that happen in the modelling world, there's 3 different kits of it available, all released at approximately the same time, and all different kits, too.

Thanks Ian and Edd for joining the fun - only 8 more to go.

For everybody who is interested in Russian hardware from the Great Patriotic War period (June 1941 to 20 August 1945), you may want to participate in the Great Patriotic War BG which started 2 weeks ago, but still goes for 16 weeks.

Cheers, Peter

huh? I thought I signed up already. Must have mixed up something... Please add me to the list - quite a few subjects in stash from WWI till today which would qualify.

It says: "Military hardware" - civil stuff is not OK? How about military prototypes?

Thanks,

René

huh? I thought I signed up already. Must have mixed up something... Please add me to the list - quite a few subjects in stash from WWI till today which would qualify.

It says: "Military hardware" - civil stuff is not OK? How about military prototypes?

Thanks,

René

Glad to have you aboard René. Good point about the "Military hardware". Of course "Civil hardware is fine too as long as it was produced in one of the countries shown on the map. I will correct this oversight of mine.

Put me down, as long as I can build a Mig 21, Soviet produced of course.

James

Your on the list James and you can build as many MiG-21 as you like as long as it was produced in one of the countries shown on the map.

Great that you came along for the ride Hans and Sarge. Now only four to go till the magic 30 :)

Cheers, Peter

Edited by Basilisk
  • Like 1

BTW any of you guys getting excited about the prospect of building WWII stuff could actually be doing it right now: http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/forum/562-the-great-patriotic-war-group-build/

Come on in the water's.....Well it's probably freezing, but you get the point. :winkgrin:

• 2 weeks later...

"From Russia with Love", love that movie. :popcorn:

Interested, though it's too far out for me to commit to it. I've got a couple MiG-21s (PFM & MF), MiG-29A, or a ZSU-23-4M in the stash to choose from should it make the cut and I can find the time.

Sign me up

Done - and welcome aboard.

Me too, I've got LOADS of Soviet stuff begging to be built.

Glad you can join us Alan.

"From Russia with Love", love that movie. :popcorn:

Interested, though it's too far out for me to commit to it. I've got a couple MiG-21s (PFM & MF), MiG-29A, or a ZSU-23-4M in the stash to choose from should it make the cut and I can find the time.

No problem, but don't forget to vote later in the year if you are still interested in this GB :winkgrin:

Ok then. :)

Steve.

Great that you can join the fun Steve.

Wow, we made it over the line with 31 :yahoo:

But please don't hesitate to add your name to the list - plenty of room left!

I hope that the voting is happening with the same enthusiasm.

Cheers, Peter