From Russia with Love GB chat

Everything good does unfortunately come to an end and this GB is now done and dusted. Let me give a round of :clap2: for everyone who participated! A great effort from all participants with many great models in the gallery :thumbsup:

Hosting this GB was a great experience for me and the outcome is beyond anything I imagined. The only disappointment was the no-show of the co-hosts for which I am sure they had their reason. Fortunately several participants stepped into their shoes by interacting in many builds which was great to see :clap2:

For all who didn't finish they entry, please keep building them and it would be nice if you keep documenting your progress in your entries here. The gallery is now locked, but you can always show your finished model in the relevant "ready for inspection" section.

To close, lets see some numbers.

Britmodellers who supported this GB:                             47

Britmodellers who participated from this list:                20

Britmodellers who actually participted in the GB           60

Number of models in the GB                                             87

Number of models in the gallery                                      41

Oh yes, there is the question about voting for the best (or maybe better, most popular) model in this GB. I have to say that I am not a great fan of the voting after a GB comes to an end. And specially in a GB like this with such a varied range of entries.

In my eyes two Britmodellers created something special - Plastix with a stunning diorama incorporating aircraft, tanks and figures and JackG with the Female Lieutenant bust. But this shouldn't distract from all the effort every one else put into their models and at the end everyone who participated is a winner :thumbsup:

Thanks again for your participation.

Cheers, Peter

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

On 11 September 2017 at 14:14, Basilisk said:

Oh yes, there is the question about voting for the best (or maybe better, most popular) model in this GB. I have to say that I am not a great fan of the voting after a GB comes to an end. And specially in a GB like this with such a varied range of entries.

In my eyes two Britmodellers created something special - Plastix with a stunning diorama incorporating aircraft, tanks and figures and JackG with the Female Lieutenant bust. But this shouldn't distract from all the effort every one else put into their models and at the end everyone who participated is a winner :thumbsup:

Thanks again for your participation.

Cheers, Peter

I totally agree, and well done you for the hosting.

Cheers

John

• Like 2

Yes great gb well hosted, Thanks Peter. Advice and encouragement throughout and again although only my second ever, I can see my improvement. In a way glad there's no vote as it would be hard. Like you say, the participants were the winner

• 2 weeks later...

Totally agree with the comments above. This was a great GB which I thoroughly enjoyed and much thanks must go to Peter for being a superb, attentive host and all the modellers who took part. Well done all! :thumbsup:

Kind regards,

Stix