M-17

MiG-29

MiG-31

Tu-22

Tu-91

Tu-134

Yak-140

Yak-1000

This is going to be a great GB...Hopefully not all MiG's and Sukhois though! :winkgrin:

• Like 4

Fair enough, but you need a co-host, especially with the knowledge on the subject, right? Happy to volunteer

And by the way - "two votes" - was a joke :)

I do and I am glad you volunteer. But first we need 30 members interested to participate and if this does happen, there is still the vote.

But if this GB will make it for next year, you are welcome to co-host.

Be rude not to! Lots of Mig's and Mil's in the stash, I'm in.

Craig.

Great Craig. Now we reached the half way mark!

God knows what I'll enter with... Lots to choose from

All 1/72nd..

An-8

An-12

An-24

An-26

An-28

An-30

An-32

Be-12

Beriev Bartini VVA 14

IL-14

IL-20RT

IL-76

IL-78

IL-86

M-17

MiG-29

MiG-31

Tu-22

Tu-91

Tu-134

Yak-140

Yak-1000

This is going to be a great GB...Hopefully not all MiG's and Sukhois though! :winkgrin:

What a list! Looks like your interest is transport aircraft. What are your favorites?

Cheers, Peter

You've got to do the Beriev Bartini VVA-14, Radders! I suspect you won't see another one being done, unless I get my hands on one. I've said this about a few other aeroplanes, but it is especially appropriate with this one - it well and truly does look like something from 'Thunderbirds'. (For those who don't know about this rather special 'aeroplane', just Google it and prepare to be amazed. Yes, it really flew!)

Regards,

Jason

• Like 2

What a list! Looks like your interest is transport aircraft. What are your favorites?

Cheers, Peter

I love all Russian/Soviet aircraft, but my main interests are transport types as you can see, I guess from when I was a young kid to now I've always been to see any that visit in the UK, when I was growing up and into my early teens we was going to Heathrow, Stansted & Luton most weeks (sometimes daily!) to see An-12's, IL-76's the odd An-22 and anything inbetween. Favourite is the An-22, closely followed by a IL-76 & An-12... but have a huge soft spot for An-24's....

Just remembered I can add a An-72 to the list too.

You've got to do the Beriev Bartini VVA-14, Radders! I suspect you won't see another one being done, unless I get my hands on one. I've said this about a few other aeroplanes, but it is especially appropriate with this one - it well and truly does look like something from 'Thunderbirds'. (For those who don't know about this rather special 'aeroplane', just Google it and prepare to be amazed. Yes, it really flew!)

Regards,

Jason

Hey Jason,

I'm hoping to get that built this year, so before this GB! I'm thinking about the IL-76 for this GB, big kit, but fairly easy as the fuselage and wings etc are already made... quick clean up and bolted together and jobs a goodun..... :winkgrin:

PS: Sorry I've not got back to you, I will do very soon I promise!

• Like 3

No problem, Radleigh! I do like your choices of transports - all favourites of mine. I suppose of the An-24 family, my favourite is the An-30 with the raised deck and big glass nose. I actually have that enormous Amodel Antei (An-22 for those who don't know). The An-12 is another good one as there's something I just love about a 'civilian' transport with a big tail turret at the back. The Il-76 is a good choice, and it's been high on my list of 'need-to-buy' kits for a long time. Mine will have the armed tail turret, of course.

Regards,

Jason

• Like 2

Regards,

Jason

Indeed an amazing creation.

Bartini-Beriev-VVA-14-Monino-2.jpg

Here the link in full

I'm hoping to get that built this year, so before this GB! I'm thinking about the IL-76 for this GB, big kit, but fairly easy as the fuselage and wings etc are already made... quick clean up and bolted together and jobs a goodun..... :winkgrin:

Would love to see you building the Il-76 - but theory and reality are never the same :weep:

Interesting topic! But what would be the time frame to be built?

Cheers,

AaCee

Themed GBs are running for 4 month and depending if Britmodellers vote for this GB, it could happen next year.

Cheers, Peter

Edited by Basilisk
  • Like 1

Themed GBs are running for 4 month and depending if Britmodellers vote for this GB, it could happen next year.

Cheers, Peter

Hi Basilisk,

Thanks for your kind answer and sorry for my unclear question... :confused:

In fact I tried to ask time frame for the models to be built. As this discussion has been about post-WW2 stuff does it mean post 1991 or is for example Kazakow's Nieuport acceptable?

Cheers,

AaCee

• Like 1

Sorry, I misunderstood your question. The time frame for this GB is from the beginning of aviation until now for anything produced in a country which was later or previously part of the former Soviet Union. I will add a map to the first post to clarify this.

So if the Nieuport was built under license in a country which was later part of the former Soviet Union, it is acceptable.

And as the Nieuport 17 you like to build was probably produced by the Dux Factory in Moscow (please correct me if I am wrong), the Nieuport 17 is part of the many possibilities this GB contains.

Cheers, Peter

At last, Sukhoi 's T50 that's sat as an unwanted present on top of my son's wardrobe might get built as a very rare modern aircraft

builder the perfect excuse!

• Like 2

At last, Sukhoi 's T50 that's sat as an unwanted present on top of my son's wardrobe might get built as a very rare modern aircraft

builder the perfect excuse!

Assuming you like to join in the fun Steve, I added you to the list. It is always nice to have an excuse to build a kit :winkgrin:

Yep, and all tracks and wheels, only a couple with wings.

That what is needed :thumbsup:

Cheers, Peter

• Like 1

I may throw a postwar Yak in to make things a bit more varied, got a 17, a 27 and a bomber variant of the 28. And should I manage to get a bigger place to live I'd love to build that 1/72 Tu-16 that has been sitting in the box for some years now... oh wait, the La-250 is another interesting subject in the stash ! Would prototypes that didn't enter service be allowed ?

Edited by Giorgio N
  • Like 2

Would prototypes that didn't enter service be allowed ?

Sure, if it was built and the model isn't painted in fictional colours.

I will most likely build a Lavochkin La-5 as I love aircraft with sharkmouth and they don't come larger than on the La-5!

9fdf265b82d7f3112e06603d3172c282.jpg

Cheers, Peter

• Like 5

yeah comrade baby!!!!!! :yahoo:

I have been hoping for this GB to finally come into the planning stage!!!

Count me in with bells on.....

Of cause i'll be building something in 1/48th, have two Su-17's with full resin goodies just sitting there, same with a Su-25 in Digital Camo as well as a Digital MiG-29! I just missed out on a Su-9 conversion kit (still looking) and now have a extremely tasty resin Collect-Aire MiG-31 "Foxhound" than just needs an excuse to be built!!! Plus i still have my 1/72nd Osa Missile boat as well!

Oh so many choices.... :frantic:

Given another 8 months or so who knows what I'll have in the stash!!

• Like 2

Welcome aboard Rich. I would love to see you tackle a Digital Camo :hypnotised:

I would think that there will be more to choose from :frantic:

Cheers, Peter

yeah comrade baby!!!!!! :yahoo:

I have been hoping for this GB to finally come into the planning stage!!!

Count me in with bells on.....

Of cause i'll be building something in 1/48th, have two Su-17's with full resin goodies just sitting there, same with a Su-25 in Digital Camo as well as a Digital MiG-29! I just missed out on a Su-9 conversion kit (still looking) and now have a extremely tasty resin Collect-Aire MiG-31 "Foxhound" than just needs an excuse to be built!!! Plus i still have my 1/72nd Osa Missile boat as well!

Oh so many choices.... :frantic:

I see you couldn't say no either. :poo: You are just as bad as I am. :evil_laugh:

Luckely there are enough builds for next year. We are living on the modellers edge. I hope we don't tumble over.

Although I still manage to finish my builds this year, But the more difficult builds are comming up now. :bouncy:

Cheers,

P.S. isn't the Military export GB something for you as well?! :evil_laugh: You know you want to :coolio::wicked::whistle:

Edited by Arniec
  • Like 1

Sure, if it was built and the model isn't painted in fictional colours.

Great ! If I choose the La-250 it will be painted as one of the La-250A prototypes so no fictional scheme.

Edited by Giorgio N

P.S. isn't the Military export GB something for you as well?! :evil_laugh: You know you want to :coolio::wicked::whistle:

I'm not sure if I signed up for that one or not.......was that the one I said I'd build a Avia-199 for??

• Like 1

Forgot to add, would you consider allowing subjects from before 1914 ? Russia is a country with a long history and a long military tradition, figure modellers could choose a wide range of Russian figures from the Napoleonic era or from the Crimean war. A number of pre-WW1 subjects may also be available for naval modellers

Edited by Giorgio N
  • Like 2

You done it :D

Great ! If I choose the La-250 it will be painted as one of the La-250A prototypes so no fictional scheme.

Great Choice Giorgio.

I'm not sure if I signed up for that one or not.......was that the one I said I'd build a Avia-199 for??

Nope - But now you did :)

Forgot to add, would you consider allowing subjects from before 1914 ? Russia is a country with a long history and a long military tradition, figure modellers could choose a wide range of Russian figures from the Napoleonic era or from the Crimean war. A number of pre-WW1 subjects may also be available for naval modellers

If the location where the hardware was built is covered by the map in my first post, then it is acceptable - So in theory you can go back to BC :o

Cheers, Peter

• Like 1

No, the Avia-199 is for the Bf-109 II STGB next year. :banghead::banghead::banghead:

Cheers,

No, the Avia-199 is for the Bf-109 II STGB next year. :banghead::banghead::banghead:

Cheers,

arr thats right!! ouch too many GB's already and next year isn't even here yet!!!

• Like 1

arr thats right!! ouch too many GB's already and next year isn't even here yet!!!

Me to!!! :hobbyhorse: The only possitive is that the stash is getting less I hope (If I stop buying to much kits). :shutup:

I stopped counting after 22 GB's possible for next year.luckely the max is 14?! :blink::door:

If I don't make it I can Always put them in the KUTA GB from Mich.

Does that really matter how many GBs are in the poll? By the end of the day only few of them will go through so I'm not hesitating of supporting GBs I could potentially take part in