From Russia with Love GB chat

I just added a list of all the models entered so far to the first post - 36 in total which is a great start. :D I will keep it updated once a week or so and will mark the models which made it into the Gallery.

But we certainly could do with more AFVs as only two members are building them so far and there is no Navel vessel entry at all :(

But it is great to see two figurine entries. I take my hat off to modellers building figures as I see it one of the more challenging thing to do.

Keep them coming.

Cheers, Peter

Edited by Basilisk

12 hours ago, Enzo Matrix said:

How about an IS-2? 

Had to Google first what an IS-2 is as my knowledge on AFVs is a bit limited. But looks like a great idea.

3 hours ago, SoftScience said:

Look what the mailman brought in.

IMG_20170429_165145811_HDR.jpg

Lucky you.

Cheers, Peter

On 4/29/2017 at 2:47 PM, Basilisk said:

I just added a list of all the models entered so far to the first post

No Berievs, Kamovs or Tupolevs yet. I don't have anything in the stash for the first two but if I get time when the Antonovs are done I might fill the Tupolev gap with a Zvezda Tu-154 - I have my eye on the F-Dcal set for a Polish Air Force example.

• Like 1

On 4/28/2017 at 9:47 PM, Basilisk said:

But we certainly could do with more AFVs as only two members are building them so far and there is no Navel vessel entry at all :(

I've got a Baku in the stash for floaty things.  Ground bound stuff includes a couple cargo haulers (KrAZ-255 & ZiL-131) and a ZSU-23 mobile AAA.  We'll see.....

Truthfully I've got an itch to dig out the Su-24 though.  But I think I've got Naval markings for it...does that count?  :lol:

• Like 1

Great, looks like the armor builders finally coming out of the bushes :D

4 hours ago, planecrazee said:

Hey folks

Is there room for a little one in the GB. I'd like to enter the Revell/ICM I-153 Chaika. I'm currently finishing a Mig-21 for the Nato/Warsaw pact build so I fancy going back in time with this GB.

Kris

There certainly is. And we do need some of the older Russian aircraft represented too.

35 minutes ago, helios16v said:

I've got a Baku in the stash for floaty things.  Ground bound stuff includes a couple cargo haulers (KrAZ-255 & ZiL-131) and a ZSU-23 mobile AAA.  We'll see.....

Truthfully I've got an itch to dig out the Su-24 though.  But I think I've got Naval markings for it...does that count?  :lol:

Looks like a very nice stash of Russian Hardware. Well, you better build the Su-24 then as itches can be very irritating.

Cheers, Peter

Hello everyone,

Would the An-71 "Madcap"  be allowed to join in? I know there was 4 prototypes, but wasn't sure if there is anything in the rules about not using prototypes? I did check and saw nothing. I've raided my stash and I got a few Russian bits in 1/144 to build.

Kind Regards,

Dazz

2 hours ago, Pin said:

I don't see why not. Welcome on board!

OR

you can still join "Prototypes" GB - the choice is yours

You know what Pin? That thought never crossed my mind... I've got a Mainstay/Bear I can do in 1/144 for this one. I'll have a think, might even do the Terminator (BMPT?) tank thing for this.)

Kind Regards,

Dazz

Well, we have the first week behind us and some great models in the making. :thumbsup:

I updated the list of builds on the first page as we have 11 new builds under way! There are now a total of 47 builds, but sadly still nothing which floats.

Keep them coming.

Cheers, Peter

Two weeks into the GB and I could add another eight build to the list on page 1! Also great to see that most build are in full swing now :thumbsup:

And we got several firsts :D

Naval craft

Airliner

Polikarpov

MiG-21 in 1/72

But surprisingly no Sturmovik yet :o

There are still many Britmodeller who have signed up for this GB but haven't commenced a build yet. Still plenty of time left and it would be nice if we see another swag of new builds during the coming week - so keep them coming.

Cheers, Peter

On 10/05/2017 at 3:25 AM, Basilisk said:

What are you waiting fore Sobby_23 - bring it on!

Cheers, Peter

Monday is kick off for my MiG, just got to push my Spitfire a little further first! 

• Like 1

On 5/12/2017 at 7:25 PM, Basilisk said:

There are still many Britmodeller who have signed up for this GB but haven't commenced a build yet. Still plenty of time left and it would be nice if we see another swag of new builds during the coming week - so keep them coming.

Cheers, Peter

:giggle:  I might be one of them.  I'm going to get my RF-4E finished up for 70s NATO/Warsaw, then need to get my Prototypes X-1 knocked out (should be a quickie).  After that I should be ready to dig out my Russia project.  Still leaning towards that Naval Su-24.  But hey, who knows.  Still plenty of time for me to change my mind.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, helios16v said:

:giggle:  I might be one of them.  I'm going to get my RF-4E finished up for 70s NATO/Warsaw, then need to get my Prototypes X-1 knocked out (should be a quickie).  After that I should be ready to dig out my Russia project.  Still leaning towards that Naval Su-24.  But hey, who knows.  Still plenty of time for me to change my mind.

I know how it feels to participate in all these GBs - and many overlap substantially which makes it even more challenging.

I am looking forward seeing your Naval Su-24 whenever you are ready.

Cheers, Peter

Time to open a thread I feel (sorry for my prolonged absence).  :sorry:

Nothing says (Soviet) Russia quite like a T-34 in my opinion.....I've got quite a few to choose from (I just hit the fifty kit threshold IIRC).  :mental:

• Like 1