From Russia with Love GB chat

On 15/04/2017 at 6:43 PM, PhantomBigStu said:

Now to choose a subject, aready have an eduard Mig15, perhaps a KP mig23 would also go nicely. Also think it time to give revells mig21 a go. See what happens not well versed in Russian kits, would like to do something like an su22 or similar but I bet the mistwrkraft kit is something horrible

Just build them all :D

10 hours ago, MagpieFNQ said:

I'm in too

I'm going to do a selection of Su-22 in 1/144 scale, just because they have a wide range of colour schemes 

welcome aboard.

Cheers, Peter

1 hour ago, Greg in OK said:

Why I have to build something for this Group Build.

VVS%201_zpser0k5xoh.jpg

VVS%202_zpsf835loec.jpg

See?  I don't have enough!

Greg in Oklahoma

Never enough! Nice collection Greg, but a lot of belly landings :wall:

Cheers, Peter

• Like 1

I'm having trouble deciding what to get for this GB. Part of me wants to go with a one-two punch from Trumpeter and build the new MiG-31 and Su-24 (both in 1:72). Another part of me wants to go crazy and build the ICM MiG-25 in 1:48. But its so freaking huge! 

I haven't purchased any of these kits yet, but am ready to hit the send button on my online orders. Please help me decide. 

• Like 1

I guess it depends on your preference in the scale you like to build. The MiG-31 and Su-24 are most likely easier builds and the types aren't yet in the GB, so that would be my choice ;)

Cheers, Peter

• Like 1

On 17/04/2017 at 1:28 AM, Basilisk said:

Just build them all :D

welcome aboard.

Cheers, Peter

Don't tell me that, caus I will :) Really tricky choosing, and theres a mad voice telling me to do a mig25, 31 and su24......which reminds me, need to find out what shades of grey I'll need for such builds

Edited by PhantomBigStu
  • Like 1

I think you better listen to the mad voices ;). Sorry, I can't help you with the grey colours as I am not much into the modern stuff, but maybe the paints I listed in the reference thread are of any help.

Cheers, Peter

16 hours ago, Basilisk said:

I think you better listen to the mad voices ;). Sorry, I can't help you with the grey colours as I am not much into the modern stuff, but maybe the paints I listed in the reference thread are of any help.

Cheers, Peter

Got the answer, seems its a similar grey to the US Ghost Grey, so Ill just go with either revells or humbrols version of that shade, which simplifies things quite a bit :)

1 hour ago, PhantomBigStu said:

Got the answer, seems its a similar grey to the US Ghost Grey, so Ill just go with either revells or humbrols version of that shade, which simplifies things quite a bit :)

Which Ghost though?  There are 2, FS36320 Dark Ghost Grey & 36375 Light Ghost Grey.  ;)

For reference, Lt Ghost is the typical underside underside color, and Dk Ghost is typical for the upper surfaces on USN TPS aircraft (at least on aircraft from the '80s-00s).

15 minutes ago, helios16v said:

Which Ghost though?  There are 2, FS36320 Dark Ghost Grey & 36375 Light Ghost Grey.  ;)

For reference, Lt Ghost is the typical underside underside color, and Dk Ghost is typical for the upper surfaces on USN TPS aircraft (at least on aircraft from the '80s-00s).

Light ghost 375

• Like 1

On 18/04/2017 at 20:32, SoftScience said:

I haven't purchased any of these kits yet, but am ready to hit the send button on my online orders. Please help me decide. 

Build 'em all.  You know you want to...  :wicked:

1 hour ago, Enzo Matrix said:

Build 'em all.  You know you want to...  :wicked:

I DO WANT TO! :)

But I think I'll start with one of the 72nd Trumpeter kits. I'm working on their MiG-29 right now, and its just a dream of a kit! 

I'd like to join the group build please? My entry will be Kitty Hawks newly released Sukhoi Su-17 Fitter kit which I intend finishing in Polish markings in the classic camo scheme.

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, Basilisk said:

No need to ask for permission Muzz - everyone can participate. Just get started with your build in a week. Looking forward seeing a Su-17 in the mix.

Cheers, Peter

My mum always told me it was polite to ask!😉

Thanks

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Muzz said:

I'd like to join the group build please? My entry will be Kitty Hawks newly released Sukhoi Su-17 Fitter kit which I intend finishing in Polish markings in the classic camo scheme.

Nice one muzz, i can see a certain swing wing jet taking a back seat to this one ,:P

Glynn

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hewy said:

Nice one muzz, i can see a certain swing wing jet taking a back seat to this one ,:P

Glynn

Glynn, you planted the seed in my head, you're responsible!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hewy said:

I too will be joining in if theres room for a wheels up su 9u maiden ,might even man the cockpit

Another great choice The Sukhoi series jets are just such a special breed.

Cheers, Peter