Made in Britain II (The Sequel) Chat

Shermaniac

2 hours ago, Enzo Matrix said:

:thumbsup: 

Wasn't that vehicle originally a Churchill 3 Inch Gun Carrier?    There is an article about building one in Airfix Magazine Annual No 4 from 1974.

You're coming to the Dark Side (well Muddy at least) Well Master Enzo. It was indeed. :worthy:

Seems the collars I observed in the Tank Power book may have been those that joined the sections together and presumably to the rocket motor at the back. I'm having a great time sorting the good information from the bad. I now 'know' that the '/B' after the vehicle number is associated with either 'Breaching' or 'Bangalore' as part of the system apparently developed by 79th Armoured to identify a vehicle's role (and so what stores it carried). It's all good fun. 

A question to the hosts:

I have a few builds of British aircraft which were barely started for previous GBs and are now boxed waiting for better days to be resumed. I'd like to know if it would be acceptable to enter these builds in the GB. Here are the threads:

Airfix Harrier GR.3:

Academy Typhoon:

Academy Tempest:

If eligible, I'd like to build the Typhoon and Tempest in parallel, as the builds where initially intended to be a 2-part series.

I also started building an Airfix Defiant for the Battle of Britain GB, back in 2015, but have just done work on the cockpit and transparent parts:

Would this also be eligible?

Cheers

Jaime

• Like 1

7 hours ago, jrlx said:

A question to the hosts:

I have a few builds of British aircraft which were barely started for previous GBs and are now boxed waiting for better days to be resumed. I'd like to know if it would be acceptable to enter these builds in the GB. Here are the threads...

Would this also be eligible?

Cheers

Jaime

Yes Jamie I'm happy to see any and all of these in our GB including your Hawker Typhoon & Tempest as a double build thread :thumbsup: 

Remember and finish some this time ;) 

• Like 2

I think I will again go with something different this time, I did finish the Churchill last time but never posted pictures in the gallery.... fool... I'm thinking aircraft, which is normal for me, but jet powered... which is not normal for me. Hmmm time to get thinking about interesting subjects!

Rob

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Col. said:

Yes Jamie I'm happy to see any and all of these in our GB including your Hawker Typhoon & Tempest as a double build thread :thumbsup: 

Remember and finish some this time ;) 

Thanks Col.! I still have some time to decide which one(s) to actually carry on with. I'll make a serious effort to finish at least one this time :)

Cheers

Jaime

• Like 2

On 20/01/2017 at 9:32 AM, Sabre_days said:

Please count me in...I normally build in 1:72, but rummaging through the stash today I happened upon my copy of the Airfix 1:48 Folland Gnat T.1...it looks like a great kit, and this GB would be the perfect excuse to build it.

It is a great kit. Only advice I can think of off-hand is to leave the jet pipe out until after painting but otherwise straight-forward and well detailled as it is.

On 20/01/2017 at 9:48 AM, Pin said:

Can someone put the exact dates to the first post please?

Good idea. I'll get on that now...

Edit:- Just had a look. Shermaniac has put dates on his initial post and I've no edit options on his anyway. If anyone is in doubt check the calendar for all the great options we have going on over the year :) 

Edited by Col.
  • Like 1

Hi All 

Please put this me down for this if it's not too late - a good chunk of my considerable stash is British so lots of armour possibilities. 

Will decide exactly what closer to, but it will be 1/72!

Ben

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Crossiant Oliver said:

Just asking, can it be planes used solely for the british and operated by them for quite a time, like the P-51A?

No. The GB is open to any subject that was designed and/or built in Britain. Therefore a US design, even though operated by the UK alone, will not be eligible for this one unfortunately.

6 hours ago, At Sea said:

Oooh!

I've got a Javelin, a Lynx and a Lightning in the stash.

Can I choose later?

Of course :D 

The 70's edition of the NATO Vs Warsaw Pact GB kicks off tomorrow and I still havn't decided what kit I want to go with :frantic: 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Enzo Matrix said:

You know wot I'm gonna say...   :D 

Given my rather sad track record in GBs lately I'll be pushing my luck to finish one far less all the options I'd like to do :( 

Seeing as this GB runs for a few weeks after From Russia With Love, I think I'll tackle a second build: just rescued an old Matchbox Wellesley from the depths of the stash. Judging by some of the builds I've seen on this site, it cleans up nicely with a little scratchbuilding in the interior...

On ‎21‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 2:59 AM, Col. said:

It is a great kit. Only advice I can think of off-hand is to leave the jet pipe out until after painting but otherwise straight-forward and well detailled as it is.

Thanks for the advice, I'll keep that in mind.

10 hours ago, bianfuxia said:

Hello, I'd like to join in if I can. I'd build the Airfix Comet in 1/144. I can do it in Olympic Airways markings though right, as it's still "Made in Britain"?

Yes that's correct. So long as the subject was designed and/or build in Britain it matters not where in the world it operated :) 

10 hours ago, Tyas said:

Just received Hase's Sea Harrier combo as my birthday present to myself last Saturday. I am tempted to enter one for the group build...

But that F-4J needs to be finished first :tmi:

Sounds a grand plan to me :D Then again the Sea Harrier is my favourite aircraft so I'm somewhat biased ;) 

Good luck getting the F-4J finished. Do you have a WiP thread up on BM?

8 hours ago, Col. said:

Yes that's correct. So long as the subject was designed and/or build in Britain it matters not where in the world it operated :) 

Sounds a grand plan to me :D Then again the Sea Harrier is my favourite aircraft so I'm somewhat biased ;) 

Good luck getting the F-4J finished. Do you have a WiP thread up on BM?

The thread's are on WIP section. Getting on with the stencils now (ugh... :who-let-rip:). My eyes are hurting hahaha

• Like 1

I'm a little freaked out by this GB.  I mean, there's so much choice...   at the moment, I'm considering a selection of BEF tanks: Infantry Tank Mk I, Matilda, A13 Cruiser and A9 Cruiser CS.  What do you all think? 

1 minute ago, Enzo Matrix said:

I'm a little freaked out by this GB.  I mean, there's so much choice...   at the moment, I'm considering a selection of BEF tanks: Infantry Tank Mk I, Matilda, A13 Cruiser and A9 Cruiser CS.  What do you all think? 

Do 'em all!  You know you want to :wicked:

It's what you'd say to anybody else! :whistle:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Wez said:

Do 'em all!  You know you want to :wicked:

It's what you'd say to anybody else! :whistle:

that was my point...   one in, all in!  :D  

Okay...   so they are my entry for this GB.   However, I reserve the right to chuck in other things...

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...