Made in Britain II (The Sequel) Chat

Shermaniac

Seeing as the 2016 GB was so successful,

Col. and myself are happy to Host .........

a second wave of Made in Britain goodies for 2017

Welcome to

**Made in Britain II - (The Sequel)**

The Basics: Same rules as 2016 so let's re-establish some guidelines for this GB, get the serious stuff out of the way so we can cut to the fun bit ;)

In order for a model to be eligible for this GB it must be:-

• British Designed and/or built and Used by Britain
  • British Designed and/or built and Used by Others (Saudi Lightnings, Danish/Swedish/Israeli Centurions, Kuwaiti Saladins, Swiss Hunters etc)

So, no Phantoms or C-130's, just proper British made goodies

The Jaguar (Car), TSR2, Vulcan, Churchill, Centurion, Chieftain, Sopwith Camel, WWI Tank - see what I mean.......

This can encompass biplanes, triplanes, monoplanes powered by jets or props or even not powered at all, cars and AFV's, ships and figures and motorcycles or bicycles as well as anything else from the year 'dot' right up to now.

Experimental subjects: Any of these elements will need to be supported by archive pictures (not drawings or CAD)

Exclusions:
Anything which us not factual by nature. This will also apply to 'paper projects' which never achieved at least an experimental working prototype.
I'm also going to put What-if's into this statement as well. There are more than enough possible subjects which can be covered within the base parameters.

The Group build will run from 20 May to 24 September

Any scale or modelling medium will be accepted.

Entries must not be more than 25% complete at the start of the GB. If in doubt, please contact one of the GB co-hosts.

All builds must have a WIP thread showing progress. If you are building two or more almost identical models, they may be combined in the same thread.

No buying, selling or wanted items in the GB area.

Finally, most important of all, GB participants must have fun. It's The Law. :lol:

Runners & Riders:

1. Shermaniac - (Host)
  2. Col. - (co-Host)
  3. Smuts
  4. 825
  5. PlaStix
  6. whitestar12chris
  7. vppelt68
  8. Ray S
  9. DAG058
  10. Arniec
  11. specky
  12. Kallisti
  13. PhantonBigStu
  • Like 2

Enjoyed putting my Camel together so count me in.

I'm up for this again. This year it produced one of the most varied selections in the Gallery since the Less than a tenner GB.

Kind regards,

Stix

How about Made in USA, or Russia, or Germany, or France, or Italy instead? There are many choices for all of them.

Last year we had the French Fancy GB. This year the Made In Britain GB. It would be nice to have one GB of this style every year.

• Like 1

How about Made in USA, or Russia, or Germany, or France, or Italy instead? There are many choices for all of them.

Cheers, Peter

Whilst I agree that a different country of origin has some appeal.....

. This IS Brit-modeller

.....there is no arguing that since this is a British biased forum and there are so many subjects that didn't get represented, Part II offers an opportunity to put that straight, so I'm in - again!

• Like 2

Sure I can see the appeal of a British topic in a British modelling forum, but there are many other topics which have potentially a wider appeal and still allow British Made subject to model.

Last year we had the French Fancy GB. This year the Made In Britain GB. It would be nice to have one GB of this style every year.

I went ahead and proposed a Russian made GB in a new post. OK, no British Made subject possible, but lots of other choices to model.

Cheers, Peter

I'm in the 'too soon' camp as well I'm afraid. With the Cold War GB seeking a re-run too (albeit shifted to 1970s), things could get a bit repetitive if we're not careful.

Cheers

Cliff

Cheers, Peter

This would be a GB I can't refuse as well with what ever country that would be. I can't say no. :shutup:

Cheers,

:thumbsup:

Come on gang, you know it'll be fun again, a highly inclusive GB that allows us all to showcase or try out different subjects from the ubiquitous aeroplanes and occasional AFVs. Who fancies doing a figure or even a few this time around?

I have updated the header post with names.

Please check to see if I have missed anyone.

To note Gentlemen, Col. will atest that in a PM to him, I covered several options for GB's which more than covered all of your comments

Here is a taster

Some ideas you can Borrow, Pinch or Benchmark:

WW1 Tanks STGB

Made in Britain II GB (same rules as MIB GB I etc)

Not Just Made in Britain GB (Joint venture types: Jaguar, Tornado, Merlin, Mastif, Viking etc)

Not Made in, but Used by Britain GB (i.e. US kit in British Service Phantoms, AWACS, M107, M109 the later Harriers etc etc)

Used by others GB (Sold-on, Captured, Lend-Lease, BeutePanzer types etc)

T-55 STGB

T-34 STGB

Soviet Armour in Foreign Service (outside of the Warsaw Pact countries) STGB

Soviet Aircraft in Foreign Service (outside of the Warsaw Pact countries) STGB

Edited by Shermaniac
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I think this should be an annual thing, to celebrate Britain as we are britmodeller. I think this should be put to the mods to have a made in GB group build every year

• Like 1