Greetings everyone

I thought it about time that I post some of the latest of my ship builds. The trouble is I rarely know when to stop on a ship build, so although they are classed as RFI there is still a bit of tinkering to go. If I waited until I completed them then I would never get them up here!

So first up is HMS Bligh, which was a Capatain Class Frigate, on Lend/Lease from the US, originally a Buckley class Destroyer. She is the USS England release from Trumpeter in 1:350. I also used the GMM models etch fret which is excellent and also has conversion parts and notes to convert to a Captain class. I did also buy the WEM boat set for the Captain Class but I have only fitted the life dinghies so far (see second sentance!). Paint is from WEM (when they existed) and the rigging is very fine black thread which was a total :hypnotised: . It worked out fine apart from the flag stay(?) which need a bit of tension as it seems a bit flappy!

I started this build probably about 8 years ago and it spent many years on the shelf until I felt up to the rigging. The base was once a nice shiney brass but has tarnished over time, maybe need to get the brasso out! Any way here she is!

021_zps0hjzsktt.jpg

022_zpslu049kiu.jpg

019_zps0s5il0z8.jpg

023_zpsb27yxsn1.jpg

024_zpskbvevc3r.jpg

025_zps7u4p0uft.jpg

028_zpsiwunxmnh.jpg

Apologies for the poor photos, I did try to use flash but it kept causing shadows behind, it is only a point and shoot after all!

Thanks for looking

Bob

Edit: Just noticed the missing anchors :doh:

Edited by moaning dolphin
  • Like 12

Turned out alright then. I know what you mean about rigging. I use EZ line, attach one end and then just pull taught enough until straight then a dot of superglue on intended destination. Wait until set then trim carefully. Other methods are available and I'm no expert but it works for me.

• Like 2