CANADIAN CHEVROLET C15TA - 1/35

nice one :)

just wandering, if IBG is better than Mirros Models or vice versa - I mean reasonably accurate and pleasant assembly

They are different. I think IBG model easier.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

This looks gorgeous. I have IBG's Otter and it is equally as nice. Haven't compared it to my Mirror Models C15TA Armoured Carrier to see which is more detailed but I don't care. Would love to hear some details on your mud/dust weathering and also how you accomplished the wet/dry mud effects.

Cheers,

Tom

nice one :)

just wandering, if IBG is better than Mirros Models or vice versa - I mean reasonably accurate and pleasant assembly

Tom,

I have Mirror's C15TA Armored Car kit. It is the first release or "batch" of the kit which contains lots of resin parts. I know from communications with Jana at Mirror from June 2013 (due to some missing PE parts and a slightly damaged wheel which they replaced with a whole wheel set-nice!), that there was at least 3 different releases of the kit with each release containing less resin and more plastic which would make it more friendly to build. I don't know if it-or their C15 line of kits-eventually became full plastic kits or not. You could contact them and find out. When Mirror sent my replacement parts they also included a whole plastic sprue-at no charge- which replaced a bunch of resin bits. So I got a free partial upgrade. Great customer service by the way.

You can buy direct from Mirror which would most certainly get you the latest incarnation of the kit. If there is a hobby shop that you buy from and they carry the line, you would want to find out how to identify which release you are getting. As for a price comparison, my Mirror C15TA Armored Car was $62 CDN and the IBG Otter was $48. Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Tom

Edited by TBC
  • Like 1

Tom,

I have Mirror's C15TA Armored Car kit. It is the first release or "batch" of the kit which contains lots of resin parts. I know from communications with Jana at Mirror from June 2013 (due to some missing PE parts and a slightly damaged wheel which they replaced with a whole wheel set-nice!), that there was at least 3 different releases of the kit with each release containing less resin and more plastic which would make it more friendly to build. I don't know if it-or their C15 line of kits-eventually became full plastic kits or not. You could contact them and find out. When Mirror sent my replacement parts they also included a whole plastic sprue-at no charge- which replaced a bunch of resin bits. So I got a free partial upgrade. Great customer service by the way.

You can buy direct from Mirror which would most certainly get you the latest incarnation of the kit. If there is a hobby shop that you buy from and they carry the line, you would want to find out how to identify which release you are getting. As for a price comparison, my Mirror C15TA Armored Car was $62 CDN and the IBG Otter was $48. Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Tom

Perfect, thanks a lot.

Tom

• Like 1

Great mud work very realistic, do you mind sharing what you used?

Sorry for the late answer.

I use an airbrush. In this case there I used Tamiya XF52 and XF57.