F-111E/F from an F-111C

Hi all,

Just picked up an Academy 1/48 F-111C (the newer release with updated moldings etc) for a bargain price and was wondering if it is possible to build an F-111E or F from the kit.

I don't know enough about the aircraft myself but I'm sure there are some of you knowledgeable types out there who will know whether it can be done or not.

Thanks for looking.

Craig.

• Like 1

Off the top of my head I'm afraid it might not be that straightforward. Whilst the Australian F-111C was similar to the F-111A from which the E and F models were developed it used the longer wings and the larger and more robust undercarriage and tyres from SAC's FB-111A; you may also find that the engine intakes were different between the two marks

• Like 1

Need short span wings,Triple Plow II intakes and new wheels

Although if IIRC the kit wheels are updated in that kit...the original Academy TPII intakes are in there too although they are very basic and the cone spike is too short.

Biggest issue is the wings,you could cut them and reprofile the tips...or pick up a cheap Academy original boxing or Zhengdefu/Hobbycraft cheap copy kit.

• Like 1

the wings are the main issue, but at least you have to shorten them, not make them longer! ;)

some scratch and modelling!

for the wheels and exhausts you could (even should??) go aftermarket (Northstar Models, Ozmods, G-Factor)

Edited by exdraken
  • Like 1