2015 Peterbilt tri axle wrecker 1/50

A few more updates. Here I added some plumbing under the hood, air to air, air intake coolant pipes etc

Champ_under_hood_detail_Aug_12_2016_1.jp

Champ_under_hood_detail_Aug_12_2016_2.jp

This last picture shows the moose bumper, made by Herd. Well some call it a roo bumper, Texas bumper and so on. In Canada(I'm sure elsewhere)  we a lot of moose and they hurt everything that hits them. The bumper is made from several parts of rod, strips and channel. You will have to look closely at the hinge to see how it's made, to hard to describe. There are small magnets glued to the front of the frame rails and metal wire glued to the backside of the bumper. I wasn't sure how this would work, but it did.

Champ_bumber_done_Aug_25_2016.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Champ_WIP_Oct_6_2016.jpg

Almost ready for paint. I just made the sub fender mounts, fuel tanks and locked down the lift axle, I can't make up a third drive axle so I'm modifying the lift axle. The tanks are made from 12 mm tube, capped and rounded. The steps and straps are thin strip plastic.Just have to make some air tank and the battery box, then start painting.

Edited by busnproplinerfan

• 2 weeks later...

Finally a rolling chassis and it's painted. Paint turned out ok. Black it Humbrol, green is 2010 Camaro Synergy green. Chrome is alcad. I'd prefer alclad over a medium or dark grey, looks a bit dark when put next to plated parts. Still looks ok. Have to make decals now and clearcoat it and finish a bit more alclad work. The engine was painted carefully in the frame, I couldn't get it out to paint.Champ_WIP_Oct_18_2016.jpg

• 1 month later...

Have a bit more work done. I spent the past month drawing decals on coreldraw7 for this truck and a few other models waiting their time in line.Remaining Alclad is done,definitely want something other than black for a base colour. Something a little lighter, between medium and dark grey for most any Alclad metal colour. While unmasking the wrecker body, the paint peeled off most of the side doors and I used Tamiya tape. Somehow the paint did not adhere very much. So I ripped off the paint from the doors and a bit elsewhere and carefully painted the effected areas by hand around all the finished chrome. The RXP outriggers and winches are now done and rigged up with lines and electrical made from black thread, have nothing else to use right now and it takes glue very good. Forgot which link to paste for pictures.

Champ_WIP_Nov_26_2016_2.jpg

Champ_WIP_Nov_26_2016_1.jpg

• Like 1

Have most of the interior work done today. Kept it fairly simple because of how small it all is, Everything inside the cab is scratchbuilt except the seats which are resin copies of the original parts. i repainted the rear wheels to. i couldn't get the alclad to match to the plated parts, so I repainted all the rear wheels and re alcladed them. I made my own dark grey for a base using dark sea grey and some black and three coats of Future brushed on. Now they look more aluminum. Just waiting on a test print of the decals to get done.

Champ_WIP_Dec_3_2016.jpg

• 2 weeks later...