Mirage F1AZ

Now that's a stunner!. Looks very 1/48, but I guess it is the 1/72. What paints did you use? especially on the exhaust.

Great attention to detail, even the yellow trim on the windshield. Totally pro. Congrats!

Thank you , Gentlemen !

I used a "home mix" of Model master paints.

MM2027 Dark Green FS34096 for the green (a little too light I guess, the original looks darker)

MM1742, Dark Tan FS30219 tweaked a little with white and red.

MM1720 Intermediate Blue 35044 with about 30% white and a few drops of red for the undersides

For the exhaust I used MM Titanium for the inside, Alclad "polished aluminium" for the bright ring and MM buffable Jet exhaust for the feathers.

The trim on the windshield was actually one of the easiest parts , after a lot of failed attempts by masking and painting or using decals .

Just a wash with white/cream acrylic paint in the right places, with the canopy masks still on...The wash was simply denser and more visible near the mask's border and i carefully cleaned up the rest.

Edited by bad edd

Jislaaik! Lekker F1 AZ, that is superb, my favourite camo scheme for this deadly ground pounder. As someone else said, it looks like it could be 1/48, extremely awesome modelling.

Superb F1 you have produced there! Faultless, highly detailed and expertly finished. The detailed cockpit details come out well and the windshield looks very realistic. And what a pair the two make!

Jay

Those are beautiful models Edd, amazing considering how basic the Hasegawa kit is oob. I too have an AZ, about 8 years a WIP, after being inspired by your arc thread (also your Kfirs, migs etc..) many years ago :D Maybe I will finish it now after seeing these!

Do you still do your huge multi Mirage/Mig builds? At least nowadays there are better kits to work with :)

Edited by mirageiv