Emhar 1/72 F4J-B Fury

Sir T

Hi all,

I've been working on this one for a while on and off and just picked it up again today - I don't thik I've ever posted a wip on BM so I thought I'd give it a go.

20160213_074443_zpsvvchwodl.jpg

Emhar is a British kit maker - I've never heard of them until now but they do a couple of nice (and rare) USN subjects in 1/72. It’s a bit rough around the edges but is a lot of fun to build!

The fit isn’t too bad - along the lines of an old Aifix of Matchbox kit. It goes together well but there was a little bit of seam work to do - generally because of the step on the bottom. The wings went on ok with no filler needed at the roots on the top side, although the outer panels have needed a bit as they were designed to be folded (but I'd rather they weren't). I used 'perfect plastic putty' which made life much easier.

The only really bad bit so far was the nose part, which did require a little bit of fettling to get to fit nicely. I might also have to re-profiles the leading edge of the tips as they are a bit square.

So nothing too taxing – which is what I like.

Annoyingly although the B was built as a ground attack version the kit comes with 4 sidewinders and nothing else. My plan is to rob some Bullpups off a Hasegawa Skyhawk kit I have and scratch-build the targeting pod.

Progress so far...(I did actually S/B a cockpit but forgot to picture it - what's seen below is what comes with the kit)

20160213_074458_zps5fzyk2bl.jpg

20160213_074506_zpsda4b5frw.jpg

20160213_074632_zpsq8z4dz5i.jpg

20160221_082753_zpstmgtnlsv.jpg

20160221_114830_zpsescducmx.jpg

20160224_071412_zpsmoymgzok.jpg

20160224_071430_zpslswqopnd.jpg

Current state - as of this morning before work.

20160421_222552_zpsqscpdmqy.jpg

The white is Humbrol Gloss White Acrylic, brush painted (with a no.4 round tipped brush) over matt white which is why it looks a bit rough - I'm going to knock it back a little and build up another layer or two.

Thanks for looking

Cheers

Stuart

Edited by Sir T
  • Like 1

Emhar is/was owned by Pocketbond - they started re-boxing 4 old Frog/Novo moulds that didn't go to Russia (Ironically of Russian aircraft). They then branched out into their own kits - the Fury, Demon and asome nice WW1 tanks.

Is yours a recent boxing? I bout one of their tanks recently (Made in China now) and the plastic is dreadful

Hi Dave - thanks for the info. I'm not sure of the age of the boxing, it must be pretty recent as I bought it off Amazon. The Plastic is quite hard now you mention it, but no more so than Matchbox kits were.