Must admit I was looking forward to seeing the three colour camouflage scheme being given the "Dan treatment" but the dunkelgelb finish certainly helps emphasise the bulk and sheer presence of the beast: not something I would like to see on parked on my front lawn.

• Like 1

Cheers everybody :D 

i was going to have a crack at the 3 colour again but after my first run I decided to do the dark yellow and make it as interesting as I can, still a long way to go on this build yet so please stay tuned B)

cheers 

Dan 

You are pulling all the stops here Dan, the graphite around the hatch is one I haven't seen before but it is definitely a keeper. The weathering is a veritable masterclass, not missing a trick here Dan,

sincere compliments on this whopping great piece of real-estate :worthy::clap2:

• Like 1

Thanks guys,

I'm trying to replicate the rust and grime that would accumulate behind the spare track inks on the casemate

I've used rust coloured paints, oils and streaking grime and its starting to look how I'd imagine it to look.

I figure that if I screw it up I can always fit the track links :o

P1040248_zps7x5njxpi.jpg

P1040247_zps6eztmaoq.jpg

P1040246_zpsfy8orxpo.jpg

P1040245_zpsxkg884dr.jpg

P1040244_zpswagx28yt.jpg

And I remembered the fire extinguisher decal.

P1040249_zpsfgxtekvl.jpg

P1040250_zpsvuknxttv.jpg

Cheers for looking in people, all comments are welcome

Dan

• Like 10

Looking great Dan will have to try and replicate some of your weathering techniques on my current project after I get the tracks done that is.

enjoying watching and learning from you build

Beefy

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Dads203 said:

Graphite powder around the commanders hatch to give a metallic sheen.

P1040226_zpsofybdbdq.jpg

Such an obvious piece of "wear and tear" when you think about it which helps bring the beast to life but one that I don't think I've seen depicted before.

Is the finished model destined for a diorama or a simple display base?

• Like 1

Thank you guys for the great feedback,

I can can remember from my days on armour that the wear around the hatches is very noticeable, I have overdone it slightly on the JT but I do intend in knocking it back slightly with some paint just to keep it looking right. The wear around the commanders hatch on the 432's was alway bright but with no rust or corrosion at all, muddy boots and constant rubbing with personal kit burnished it right up nicely.

As for a dio, I'm not sure yet what I'll do for this one tbh, it might just be a small base with minimal ground work, I'm going to add 3 crew for this build just to fill the hatches. 

Regards

Dan 

Thank you guys for the great feedback,

I can can remember from my days on armour that the wear around the hatches is very noticeable, I have overdone it slightly on the JT but I do intend in knocking it back slightly with some paint just to keep it looking right. The wear around the commanders hatch on the 432's was alway bright but with no rust or corrosion at all, muddy boots and constant rubbing with personal kit burnished it right up nicely.

As for a dio, I'm not sure yet what I'll do for this one tbh, it might just be a small base with minimal ground work, I'm going to add 3 crew for this build just to fill the hatches. 

Regards

Dan 

I reeeeeally like those rust stains on the side of the hull where the trackalinks have been chaffing and drooling on the paintwork... very realistic looking :clap2:  The exhaust are coming along too ;)

• Like 1

Very, very impressive progress. Your attention to detail with the paintwork and weathering is amazing. :worthy:

Kind regards,

Stix

Edited by PlaStix
  • Like 1