Thanks chaps,

I thought that was hard.. I have found another small

thing that is nails to put together ......

The workable tool clamps, these are from Aber and this thing, only 3 parts

of photo etch took me over an hour to put together.

P1030892_zpswx6qmd6u.jpg

P1030893_zpsqcghjw96.jpg

P1030891_zpsyv5uws6b.jpg

P1030895_zpsmlpklhck.jpg

P1030894_zpsjxkdpdh8.jpg

Its going to take a while to add all of these, I've glued it up now but it worked like the real

thing when I added the shovel.

Dan

• Like 9

Great work with the fenders Dan I think I,am doing OK with a little bit of bending on my brass work but you make it look too easy

I will have to try that soldering stuff one day makes the job look that more solid better than useing super glue.

Beefy

• Like 2

Thought I spotted 2 hairs on your model, until I realised they were actually hairs stuck to my laptop's screen... Oh well, yours is a perfect build then. :banghead:

Badder

• Like 2

Dan have you used a bit of Mr Surfacer to attach some of those small details on the turret?

Most probably done to blend the track hooks into the rest of the hull. Gives it a more welded look instead of a stuck on one.

• Like 2

Coming along swimmingly Dan mate.

:popcorn:

foxy :coolio:

Don't think the Jagd would float let alone swim................................. Sorry couldn't resist I'll get me coat.....

Roger

Following your help and advice I've spent some of my hard earned.

I was in my local model shop yesterday and spotted a solitary bottle of Carrs solder paint, which ended up coming home with me along with its friend, a packet of 70 degree solder.

Will be having a practice over the weekend

Al

Be aware that 70 melt solder is Cadmium based and is incompatible with lead/tin solders so you will need a dedicated 'bit' for your Iron.

If you mix the 2 types you will 'poison' the bit and cause yourself all sorts of problems.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you everyone for commenting and a big sorry for not

getting much done, life as always gets in the way and I now have a

date for my Pre Op assessment for my heart surgery. (End of this month)

I thought I might just get this build back on track as I have a few weeks left before the date.

I'd like to get the JT into paint and as much done as possible.

So I've added the missing weld to the bow MG ball mount, and started on the gun barrel cleaning rods.

P1030898_zpstmy5iwws.jpg

P1030897_zpsobgy7lzh.jpg

Cleaning rods made from Plastic rod, brackets from the Eduard PE set.

P1030899_zpsk8ybot99.jpg

P1030900_zpsierfwoo2.jpg

And playing about with the spare track links, I think i'll make proper pins for the bottom of these

links?

P1030901_zpstrnsi48q.jpg

Not much progress but I'm back into it now.

Dan

• Like 7

Excellent progress Dan. Impressive attention to detail - the added weld looks spot on! Well done.

Hope the pre op assessment goes well.

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 1

Be aware that 70 melt solder is Cadmium based and is incompatible with lead/tin solders so you will need a dedicated 'bit' for your Iron.

If you mix the 2 types you will 'poison' the bit and cause yourself all sorts of problems.

Thanks for the bit tip debs I didn't know I'd have problems using the same bit for both types of solder. I'll have to get myself into the workshop and fire up the trusty Boxford and turn myself up a new bit just for the 70 degree stuff.

Al

• Like 1

Thank you all for the comments everyone, especially about the op :)

So a bit more done today, I made the other front mudguard locking pin. fiddly stuff but again soldered up.

P1030905_zpsxudsfqlx.jpg

P1030903_zpsomtybct0.jpg

P1030904_zpszuzooayz.jpg

Added the gun cleaning rods on the right hand side and scratched the rods as per the other side.

P1030902_zps6u5wjxjw.jpg

P1030906.jpg

And the four small tie downs on the rear deck, I did lose one from the other side :(

P1030907_zpsngjchxtf.jpg

P1030908_zpszdljdgeo.jpg

Cheers for looking in.

Dan

• Like 6