1 hour ago, The_Lancaster said:

Brilliant work as per usual! I'm loving the spent ammunition building up around the engine deck, brilliant touch of character. Quick question though, one what do you do to make the casings, and two what primer do you use just on the topic of paints as I have just recently acquired a set of MiG paints.

Thank you chaps, I must say that the Mig ammo paints are really good, have I said that before :)

Cases are 0.2 brass rod cut down and filed each end, and I used Tamiya primer on this build. 

Dan 

• Like 1

On 22/09/2016 at 11:33 PM, Sgt.Squarehead said:

Always thought the AAMG mount on the Jagdtiger showed clear hints of both 'afterthought' and 'desperation'.....But you've still managed to make a miniature masterpiece out of it!  :thumbsup:

Definitely a product of Herr Heath and Herr Robinsons' Metal Fabreken Werken.

If the hatch at the back of the turret is designed to be used as a escape hatch it's always struck me that the AAMG mount might be in the way of a swift bail out.

• Like 2

Thank you guys,

Been a bit slow over the last few days, not completely stopped but

really slow.

Getting the tracks ready for permanent fitting.

Using  AK Dust effects and earth effects, thinned right down with

mineral spirits to make a wash.

P1040428_zpsxbrfin9c.jpg

P1040429_zpsijyfhbkx.jpg

P1040431_zpsaxpekyh0.jpg

I've also matt varnished the big shell case

P1040425_zpscqxapelr.jpg

P1040427_zpsclzydxdd.jpg

More hopefully over the weekend :)

Regards

Dan

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Dads203 said:

Thank you all , still got a fair amount to do yet before I call this one finished yet, so please stay tuned :o

I think you've got a captive audience Dan although we're probably wondering where you can add more detail to the beast.

• Like 1

Thank you all for the likes and comments so far on this build, so

the next things to do are looming, I'm going to add more empty MG42 cases

and the logical thing is a few ammo boxes with the lids open and discarded

on the rear deck.

So I dug this out, they look fiddly so I'll have a crack at soldering them up :blink:

P1040442_zpswknfprcm.jpg

P1040445_zpshhaih6ma.jpg

P1040446_zpsrhtvhfny.jpg

P1040444_zpsav4e0o9m.jpg

Should be fun :winkgrin:

Dan

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Wogga said:

Wouldn't be a Dan model without the detailing, are you crewing it Dan?

Cheers buddy , at some point I'm going to add figures they might not be crew figures but I think I'm going to add a base for this one with a few figures.

Dan 

• Like 2

Compared to what you've added already those ammo boxes should be a doddle Dan.....Wondering if you could make better ammo belts from lengths of brass wire (file 'em to a point at one end before cutting 'em), a strip of masking tape (or two/four) and some of your usual cunning paintwork?  :shrug:

You wouldn't need to do whole belts, just a short length for the MG and a length for the top of each full ammo box, packing and black paint will hide many sins!  ;)

Just a thought.  :coolio:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dads203 said:

Cheers buddy , at some point I'm going to add figures they might not be crew figures but I think I'm going to add a base for this one with a few figures.

Dan 

Intriguing - I did wonder whether the finished model would work as a freshly abandoned vehicle being discovered by a British or US infantry patrol ...?

Edited by Richard E
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Richard E said:

Intriguing - I did wonder whether the finished model would work as a freshly abandoned vehicle being discovered by a British or US infantry patrol ...?

Very close to my thinking Richard, very :o