Having had the privilege/pleasure of watching Dan lay up the pre shades of black and red lead, followed by 4/5 shades of Dunklegelb. I can tell you that the subtlety of the shades is amazing

A true work of art mate and a great lesson in what I might one day achieve

Kev

• Like 1

Hello stranger! good to have you back mate, i check your thread every night hoping that you have returned, and now it has happened.

I have even been inspired by your builds and the others on here and am currently " throwing together" a Revell Leopard 2 A4/4NL, in between working away most of the time.

The jadgtiger is coming along well.... again !

Nick

• Like 1

Thank you very much guys again for the kind words.

So chipping, I figured with the overlapping running gear that the paint would take a real

hammering especially on the inner road wheels.

So sprayed up the road wheels and sprockets in a German primer red colour, added a dash of AK worn effects

and then sprayed up the wheels in the dark yellow. Just this morning I used a tooth pick and water to chip

them up.

P1040152_zpsvh5qkh1c.jpg

P1040154_zpsqtjxptix.jpg

P1040155_zps6jklebeb.jpg

Still have a few more to do yet and the I'll get some chipping fluid on the idlers today.

cheers

Dan

• Like 4

Another couple or 3 done.

P1040157_zpskyx5vgiq.jpg

P1040156_zpsen5awbxl.jpg

I was worried that I left the paint on to cure to long and I wouldn't be able to chip up the paint but

its not an issue, hand paint some highlights on the chipping and the effect will look good I think.

Dan

• Like 7

Ta Mike :)

So just done the rear idlers, steel colour is Vallejo oily steel and kits just right for warn running gear.

P1040158_zpsyxzhsz5s.jpg

P1040159_zpsaecichmh.jpg

P1040160_zpsevo5gpbs.jpg

Tracks are being burnished in a bath of my fav burnishing fluid, this stuff is the best on the market.

P1040162_zpsoiag7o4c.jpg

P1040161_zpskyl1qfvt.jpg

P1040163_zpsp5efpexu.jpg

Enjoy folks

Dan

• Like 4

Looking really good. Can I ask, what does the burnishing fluid do? I'm new to armour builds! Tia, keep up the great work :)

No problem fella and thanks for the comment, the burnishing fluid is only good for white metal track links like Friulmodel individual links, it blackens the metal to a realistic patina using a chemical process which helps with the weathering of the tracks, if I use metal track links then it's my go to solution to get the tracks looking right. Mud and dust pigments finish it off .

Regards

Dan

• Like 1

Nice work on the weathering Dan, looking very good there. The paint job of the JT is great too. According to "Der Sockelshop" the 1/16th JT should be available around the 20th of September, "Axel's Modellbau shop" where I ordered my JT are expecting it to be available on the 30th, getting close now :analintruder:

• Like 1

No problem fella and thanks for the comment, the burnishing fluid is only good for white metal track links like Friulmodel individual links, it blackens the metal to a realistic patina using a chemical process which helps with the weathering of the tracks, if I use metal track links then it's my go to solution to get the tracks looking right. Mud and dust pigments finish it off .

Regards

Dan

Ah that makes sense, thanks for the reply mate. Great work I'll be watching this with interest :)

• Like 1

Just to add to Dan's comments on the Ultimate Burnishing Fluid, it's about the best I've tried, and gives anything white metal a nice realistic sheen. I even used it to discolour some aluminium exhausts on my Jagdpanther, which it isn't supposed to work on :shrug:

• Like 3

Thank you all once again :)

The Ultimate Track Burnishing fluid is the best stuff around, I've used a few other makes of the stuff and

nothing even comes close to the effect that this stuff gives. So here are a few photos of what it does, no other products

have been used at all and the only prep was washing the tracks in warm soapy water.

They look very realistic even at this early stage, the added bonus is that with a little wet and dry sandpaper

you can expose the contact points of the track and burnish it up so that it looks like exposed new metal,

It really is the Testicalus Caninus of metal track weathering products in my book.

P1040166_zpsg8q77wii.jpg

P1040165_zpspdptb2ux.jpg

P1040169_zpstmqb6sek.jpg

P1040172_zpsqlrxoopa.jpg

P1040171_zpsyn3eoueg.jpg

P1040170_zpsp05etum6.jpg

Still have a long way to go yet but it's coming together now.

Cheers

Dan

• Like 9

Glad your recovering well and pleased to see you back at the bench Dan.

Lovely work on the tracks, think I'll have to get myself a bottle of that there track burnishing stuff.

Just what I'll need for my Chally when I get round to putting it together!

Al

• Like 1