Revell C-54D Skymaster

The trouble with this forum, if you can call it a trouble, is that builds like this cause the stash to swell!

A fabulous build of a fabulous aircraft!

Well done indeed,

Matt

Beautiful build of a beautiful bird. I visited Yellowknife in 2014 where the Skymasters were still hanging on to life. Has anyone heard of the possibility of Buffalo Airways decals being produced for this old war horse ?.

• 3 months later...

You have done a beautiful job of this great kit. I haven't started mine yet as I'm hanging out for some manufacturer to produce decals for a Buffalo Airways example and the kit price precludes buying a second one.

Great Work, Trev.

• 1 year later...

Really great job... But I have one question about the decals: how to apply them on transparent plastic elements, especially around windows? Did you left the transparent part of it after finish model or have you cut it off?  How to make this part of decal true transparent? Or how to remove it without destroy the rest of decal?
Unfortunately I cannot find any answer for my question in Internet. In one of model shops I have receive an advice. I was said to put Humbrol Clearfix glue on the window because it will create a smooth surface, and after put the decals using ie. Micro-set and Micro-sol on. After, even if I put Maskol on it, after varnishing the model, the decal will not be hurt due to removing this secure. I have strange fell that it will not work, because Maskol is quite strong...
Can you give me some advice, please?