1/48 Italeri Osprey

Kit manufacture: Italeri
Scale: 1/48
Type: Osprey
Extras used: Xtradecal decals, PJ production pilots, Hasegawa flight crew, Base from coastal kits, Added leds and motors, Eduard canopy masks
Paints and colours used: Mr hobby and tamiya

Started this a while ago, built it for my brother who loves ospreys. Thought i would add some motors and lights to experiment. Motors are ok but need to redo the part which connects into the props as its a bit off centre and not spinning right (see vid) Decided to add a couple of figures to add a bit of interest. My first kit with raised panel lines, i decided to use stretched sprue to replace the panel lines which were sanded off. Looks ok but i think next time ill give the full rescribing job a go.
Pictures not up to my usual standard as with the base its rather large and was a pain to photograph!
Anyway hope you like, ive put a link to the video of it in operation at the bottom

IMG_7868.jpg

IMG_7877.jpg

IMG_7873.jpg

IMG_7874.jpg

IMG_7888.jpg

IMG_7887.jpg

IMG_7906.jpg

IMG_7909.jpg

IMG_7911.jpg

IMG_7912.jpg

Here is the vid....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQGZPnSAJJ0

Edited by TheStig
  • Like 33

Excellent!! I'm building a what-if Royal Navy one at the moment (same kit). Can I ask, did you try the engines in the horizontal position? When I placed mine down, the blades struck the fuselage strakes......

• Like 1

Thanks everyone for the cooments :thumbsup:

Excellent!! I'm building a what-if Royal Navy one at the moment (same kit). Can I ask, did you try the engines in the horizontal position? When I placed mine down, the blades struck the fuselage strakes......

To be honest i didnt try it with the engines horizontally, i can see that it would present a problem though.

Thanks everyone for the cooments :thumbsup:

To be honest i didnt try it with the engines horizontally, i can see that it would present a problem though.

I can't remember why I tried it, but I did measure the blades afterwards and they appear to be the correct length, so the wings must be too short?

• Like 1